The Bear, the Hound, and the Lady Fair (Sandor x fem!reader x Jorah)

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that everyone sees beauty differently. That is, except for Sandor and Jorah. When both men laid eyes on you, they thought you were one of the most beautiful women they had ever seen. And then, they got to know you and saw that you weren't just beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well. They both fell for you unexpectedly. And they fell hard.

For Jorah, it was your sweetness. You had compassion for those around you. You never had a second thought when it came to helping others. Jorah found that to be an admirable trait. He adored that side of you. It made you even more beautiful to him. He wanted to be with you always. But then again, so did his competition.

For Sandor, it was your strength that drew him to you. Not only were you physically strong; you could hold your own in a fight, but you also had strong beliefs and morals. You never backed down and you fought for what you thought was right. You also never hesitated to tell Sandor when he was wrong. But you did it in a way that Sandor could accept it. You never called him a monster or insulted him. You spoke to him like a human being. But Sandor knew he had no chance with you. Not when he looked the way he did and not when Jorah was right there also.

"Good morning, gentlemen," you greeted in a chipper tone when you walked out into the freezing cold air of the courtyard. Jorah returned your greeting with a smile. Sandor nodded his head at you, but the message was clear. You had learned how to translate Sandor's language. Or lack thereof. He didn't speak often, but his eyes always said what he didn't.

You weren't stupid or blind. You knew both men had feelings for you. You could see it in the way they looked at you. You could hear it in their words, even the few that Sandor did say to you. They both tried to hide it from you. After all, you were preparing for war against the Army of the Night King. Not exactly the best time for affairs of the heart. Nevertheless, you saw through them both. You were just waiting for one of them to say something. And one of them did that very morning.

You had gone to the stables to brush out your horse. You spent time doing it every day. It calmed you and the animal. As you were brushing out the horse's mane, a shadow appeared from behind you. You didn't even have to look up to know who it was. "Can I help you?" you asked sweetly, not turning around.

"He loves you. You know that, don't you?" You laughed lightly before finally looking at the man behind you. "I know he does. I know you do as well." Jorah refused to meet your gaze. You reached over a gloved hand to cup his slightly stubbly cheek. "I won't ask you to choose, my lady. I couldn't break your heart that way." You gave him a small smile.

"And I don't want to break yours, Jorah. Nor do I want to break Sandor's. You are both great men. Men who deserve all the love in the world. I only wish I could be with you both. Then I wouldn't have to hurt either one of you." Jorah let his eyes wander up to your face. He looked confused. "I love you both, Jorah. Choosing between you is going to hurt. I know you said you wouldn't make me, but I have to. If I don't, you both get hurt in the end. But how do I choose between the two men I love most in the world?"

"Who says ya have ta?" You and Jorah both jumped at the sound of Sandor's gruff voice. You glanced over Jorah's shoulder with a look of confusion. "What?" Sandor fully stepped into the stables. "Who says ya have ta choose?" You smiled up at him. It didn't take you long to catch his drift. "Sandor, what would people say?"

"Who cares? You're not married. Ya have a choice not to make a choice." You never expected something so smart to come out of Sandor's mouth. It was true. You weren't married. And there was nothing in the law that said you couldn't have two lovers. No one really even needed to know.

"Only if you both agree. I won't have you competing against one another for me." Sandor nodded. "Any other woman would choose the knight, even disgraced, over me. I'm a lucky bastard that you're even considerin' it." You walked over to him and hugged him close. "Thank you," you muttered, "I love you, Sandor." He didn't say anything, but his face turned red to the tips of his ears.

You looked back to Jorah. "Jorah?" Jorah eyes bounced between you and Sandor sadly. "I can't, Y/N. I love you. I will always love you, but I cannot share you with another man." Your smile fell and so did your heart. "Jorah..." He smiled a little. "It's alright. If you're happy with him, then I'm happy. I wish you both all the best." Before you could argue, Jorah maneuvered around you and Sandor and left the stables.

You felt the tears rolling down your face as you watched him walk away. "Go after him." You shook your head. "He made his choice and mine."You turned to Sandor. "Can ya be happy with me? Just me?" You grinned through your tears. "I already am, Sandor." You hugged him again, willing your tears for Jorah to stop. The bear had chosen his path, leaving the hound and the lady fair to live happily together for the rest of their days.