The Fall 1

BAD CUPID

Created By : Snow Marisvega

Chapter 22.

I'm gonna call this an evolution, I'm going to tell the same scene in three different POVs.

Enjoy.

• Dylan's POV•

"Hey, mom! What's for breakfast?" I asked as I walked down the stairs in a big black shirt and blue jeans, my face glued to my phone.

"Cottage cheese and Blueberry parfait." She answered as I landed from the stairs. "I'm not sure I heard you say good morning."

"Good morning, mommy." I smiled as I approached the table, still texting Isabelle about Christian. I didn't wanna tell my friends yet, I didn't think I should because I dont even understand what happened.

It has been a week since Christian and I had kissed, like full on made out in the middle of the fucking empty street last night, and he had walked me back home after that. It was supposed to be awkward, right? But he didn't let it. We still said hi to each other and talked at school everyday we would see ourselves. We haven't kissed again after that day, and honestly, none of us have mentioned it. We just......went on with our lives.

"How was your night?" Mom asked and my eyes widen.

"Yeah. Thank you so much" I heard dad say as he walked down the stairs. I didn't even look up like mom and Jax did.

Dad sighed. "Just got off the phone with the judge."

This time I turned, he was putting on a black suit.

"What'd they say?" Mom asked.

"About Vaughn."

I swallowed. Jaxton stopped what he was doing immediately as his brows flew up.

"What'd they say?" He asked, softly.

"Well, you know how his trial was yesterday?" Dad said and we all nodded. Yesterday was Vaughn's trail and we had all gone to court. We had to. Jaxton had spoken in court, giving his testimony and I had also spoken as well, as with a broken arm, I cursed at Vaughn who was seated across me. His presence scared Jaxton and honestly, it gave me a tiny bit of a fright. Because the second I laid my eyes on him,  I remembered him pointing a gun at me.

His lawyer had tried to get him to serve four years, but the court gave him ten years, and that didn't seem like it was enough to me, but it was better than the four years his lawyer pleaded for.

"I tried to explain to him on how a twenty six year old man was seeing a kid which is pedophilia, and how he broke into Jaxton's home like the obsessed freak he is and fought two teenagers, injuring them badly. He said, he heard all about it in court and I asked for more years because he deserved it, but he's only getting ten years."

"I wish there was more we could do, I'm sorry." Dad said to Jaxton, who shook his head.

"In ten years, I'd have figured out my life. So, that should be okay. You both have done enough for me. Thank you."

"Of course, anytime." Mom said and kissed his head.

"You are family now, Jaxton. Your problem is our problem." Dad said. Jaxton walked over to him and gave him a tight hug.