24 | Hanging Out.

“I am giving you this class for project discussion

“I am giving you this class for project discussion. I hope you already know that I extended the dates but that doesn't mean I won't see your progress, I might be busy but I need you all to give your best.” Professor Green informs us and excuses himself afterwards. 

Drake has already left to sit with Hailee and I watch as everyone settles with their partners. Whereas me and my partner are still apart he is still sitting in the corner at the back and I am stuck in the middle. He doesn't make any attempt to come to me. Yesterday was the very closest we hung out together without any fight, he let me help him, he helped me and also showed me his apartment but then my question and his sudden outburst. One time we are almost acting like we can tolerate each other and next is just unpredictable.

“Ms Austen why are you alone?” Professor Green's voice has me jump in surprise and I look at him staring at me. 

“Your partner is absent?” he asks and I shake my head. What should I say? 

“Um-I am just going.” I stand on my feet and walk towards the back of class.

“Please hurry up Ms Austen, we don't have much time.” Mr Green says and I finally reach Liam's seat. 

He looks at me when I sit beside him against the wall because he isn't shifting anywhere, without saying anything I take the papers out and start working on it. I don't even know why I even have a partner when I can do it, clearly most of the things in the starting I did on my own. Like now I am editing everything. I started last night because it's nearly 40 pages and we have to do it in four days beside the presentation. Liam meant do it but I know I have to do it now. I could easily give it to Julia my fellow nerd but it's chemistry not literature.

“Here.” he speaks and passes me a pen drive. I pick it and furrow my eyebrows. 

“What is it?” I ask.

“A data storage device that includes flash memory—”

“I know that, thank you very much but why are you giving it to me.” I almost snap. He is so irritating. 

I made the slide. Check if you find any mistake I will correct it and if you feel like adding anything be my guest.” he replies stoically, my mouth hung open. Did he make the presentation? Did I hear right? 

“You made it?” I ask for confirmation of what if I heard wrong. 

“Yeah.” he raises his eyebrow at me as if daring me. I compose myself from the shock. Wow. He actually made it. I pick the pen drive and put it in my jeans pocket.

“Okay I will see it.” I pause then add. “I edit these um if you want to you can go through. Maybe I missed something.” I hand him the sheets when he nods his head. He immediately buried himself in the papers and I can't help but smile. I thought it's going to be awkward since yesterday and he might be cranky towards me but guess I was wrong. After that I too busied myself at work. We work together and frequently ask for help from each other if needed.