44 | Touch.

I finish my chemistry assignment and close the laptop

I finish my chemistry assignment and close the laptop. I rub my eyes multiple times, eyelids heavy with the pain.

“Here.” I open my eyes and find Amy with a cup of coffee.

“Thanks.” I smile and sip the hot drink. 

“Have you completed?” she asks and I nod my head. “Great, I am switching TV.” she presses the button and soon the different noises fill the room but in my head only one noise, one voice and the strong words goes. 

Well I could see that if you're not busy flirting with guys like him. Goddammit, I thought you're not that type but of course true colors always come out slowly. You act all surprised, happy, blushing in front of me whenever I take you to places I thought you feel the same way but apparently you are just like other girls. Desperate for more. Spending almost a day with a man only to ditch them after night. Act all innocent only to make them look like a dipshit. 

Working in the cafe today was hard because the encounter with Liam happened just before it and when everyone there asked about what happened after I went out with Liam yesterday, I cried. Well almost. Kim saw the change of mood but didn't ask anything and I am glad she didn't to be honest I wasn't in the mood to talk. 

“What happened? You look lost?” Amy asks, bringing me back to reality. I look towards her and see bags under her eyes. 

“What happened to you? You look like crap.” Since the day I got a job it's been very hard to spend time with each other. Apart from college we rarely talk much. I come late with fatigue while she makes dinner and after eating we sleep.

“You know what. We are practically living the life of a married couple.” I say, making myself laugh. 

“Let me guess. You're the husband while I am the wife?” she says it while gesturing in between us. 

“You got that right.” I wink and snap my fingers at her side. 

She rolls her eyes. “Shut up. I won't be playing the wifey role for too long.” 

I furrow my eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

She gives me a knowing look and before she can say anything. I sip my coffee in one go and put the mug on the table before jumping on my knees. “You got a job?” I gape and look at her with wide eyes. 

“You got that right.” she winks and snaps her fingers at my side, mimicking my previous action. I shift with my knees to her side and shake her shoulder. 

“Tell me everything.”

“Well after college when you went for your job. I went with Georgia, my friend from physics. The place where she works, a waitress, is leaving for some reason so she recommended me instead of her position. The manager asked to meet me. So I went today and I got the job.” She bursts excitedly while I give her a smile before clapping my hands.