39 | Shopping.

I wake up with an aching in my body, I lean on the headboard and close my eyes

I wake up with an aching in my body, I lean on the headboard and close my eyes. Outside the window it's still pretty dark, one can hear the noises in the background. The city never sleeps and now I am becoming one of those people in this city. It's not like I am a heavy sleeper. I was never really the one so when slight voices or disturbance in my sleep occurs I find myself awake in abnormal hours like for now it's 4:15. I have to wake up at 6:30 to get ready and leave for college at eight tomorrow-I mean today.

I yawn and stretch my body, trying hard to get a comfortable position so I could sleep for two hours more. I am still exhausted physically but mentally I am somewhere else walking in the midst of Times Square crowd with a dark curly haired boy. A blush creeps on my face remembering the incident of night, I bury my face in the pillow, thinking about the night, a creepy smile forming on my face.

After eating our food, he surprised me by taking to that artist shop. He surprised me even more when he let them make a caricature of him too. I was in awe when he said yes to them and sat beside me. The whole time when they were drawing us Liam kept on complaining about how much time they are taking and how we shouldn't have come here at all. I tried to kick his feet multiple times so that he can shut his big mouth and stay right so that they can make his face. I could tell the artists were fed up with him too in twenty minutes time span. He was like a three year old throwing tantrums. I apologized to them and when they showed us our portraits I lost it.

Mostly when I see Liam's. In reality he has built a body that is quite lean, have toned chest and muscular arms but in portrait they made him look like a malnourished man in his naked glory but had underwear on. I laughed even more seeing eight abs they drew on his tiny torso. His arms had a little bump like Popeye got when he used to eat spinach. Liam was scowling, embarrassed and at one time ready to throw a punch at those poor but skilful artists but thankfully he didn't do anything when I pulled him out from the shop. The artists were laughing too when they saw Liam's reaction and I saw a satisfied look on their faces. I guess it's their way to teach him a lesson.

My portrait was simple, they didn't do anything funny in it except they made it wonderful. I was in a tiny white dress, in front of me was a canvas and I had a brush on my hand. What I like most is my hairs on it, the whole canvas was illuminating with the texture they did with red and brown. Officially, I love my hair on canvas rather than in reality. I don't know if they knew that I am into arts but definitely they did a wonderful job at mine and of course on Liam's too.

The caricature was with him, I couldn't bring it with me because I know my friends will ask so I decided to give it to him and he easily took it without any questions.

Around midnight Liam dropped me home and I thanked him for the wonderful night. I asked him why he suddenly took me to Manhattan and he answered because he wanted to. There was more I could tell but I didn't ask because I didn't want to annoy him.