64 | Just My Luck.

I am worried and happy, a mixture of both throughout the ride to college

I am worried and happy, a mixture of both throughout the ride to college. Worried because of my friends and how I am going to tell them what happened yesterday. Happy because I am driving Liam's car that too alone. It was like times when my parents used to surprise me by giving me permission to drive their car to places I needed to go. They knew that I won't crash nor am I gonna do anything to put myself in danger but they are parents. They can be a little too paranoid and protective. But the happiness I am feeling right now is not exactly because Liam gave me his car.

It is because he trusted me enough to give me his precious car well SUV. Warmth spread all over my body as my head reminds me of his words. It is really a wonderful feeling when someone says that they trust you enough to share or give something they cherish.

I park the car and go outside, heading towards the campus. The time for chemistry is way too late for me. The class must be in mid till it gets over and neither any of my friends would be available. I heave a sigh as my fingers go through my phone screen, messaging in group chat if anyone is free. They don't reply so I tell them to meet me at our usual time. I should have stayed with Liam and come around my art class. I drag my feet to the library, going from Washington square park when I meet with someone I never assume I will again.

"Evanna. Hi." Jason greets me, showing off his white teeth.

"Jason? Hey." I smile.

"Long time no see." He says, stopping in front of me. I had to crane my neck to look at him. Man basketball boys have heights.

"Well I could say the same to you."

"I have my reasons." he shrugs.

"I have mine too."

He breaks into a grin before dribbling the ball in his hand to place it under his armpit. "My reason is purely rational. I am in a sport. A sport that needs practice and also the reason behind my abstinence. We recently came from Boston." he says.

"Oh, but weren't you like somewhere in England? I am sorry if I am wrong. I don't know much."

"Yeah. We were in England but it was like twenty days ago."

"Oh." Is all I can say. I look around the park, seeing multiple balloons carrying by a man. There are people who are bobbing their heads at something and some guys dancing. The scene suddenly reminds me of step up movie.

"Pretty flimsy right?" Jason asks.

"All they need is bubbles and some crowds and voila, a scene straight from step up." I laugh. He joins and for a while we both see the people randomly dancing around the park.

"So how are you?" He asks a minute later.

"I am good. You?" I step forward, so now I am standing beside him, on the path which leads to the library.

"Fantastic." he dribbles the ball again before suddenly throwing it at me. Thanks to my reflexes I catch it on time otherwise my nose could be severely damaged.