CHAPTER 8

[Hey, Keeshwar here. It's been ten days since I started this story and we are going to reach 500 reads soon. I can't explain how happy I am. Thank you so much for reading this book, it means a lot.

And my dear ghost readers drop a "vote", it's very much appreciated and keeps me motivated to write. Enjoy!!!]

----------------

Ezra sat with his back to the tree, somewhere in the woods. He was out for his run at six in the morning today but his older brother wasn't here with him like always. Both of them were used to taking runs in the morning with each other. They would race each other while Easton transformed into his wolf and Ezra would stay in his human form. Like usual even today, Ezra did wait for his brother but Easton didn't show up. Instead, he met Duncan on his run.

Ezra ran at such speed that he lost Duncan on his way. There was no heaving breathing but a lot of sweat. He just slid down the tree and closed his burning eyes. He didn't blink an eye yesterday, thinking about how his perfect brother could have a mate like Blake Jensen.

The thought still stuck unbothered. It's not like he knew Blake personally but he has heard enough of his ignorant and big mouth. He knew how Blake almost slept with every girl his age. It was not like his brother didn't have girlfriends before, he did but that was the thing. He had girlfriends and Blake slept with girls who were someone else's girlfriends.

Blake disgusted Ezra. He couldn't understand how the Moon Goddess had paired him together with his brother. There must be some error.

"Hey" Ezra kept his eyes closed but he knew it was Duncan who spoke. "When did you get this fast, Ezra" Duncan heaved on his breath and sat next to Ezra but did maintain a perfect distance. He knew he would lose it if he touched Ezra by any chance. As for now, the smell drifting in the air through Ezra's body was enough to make him crazy.

"You weren't here to watch me run, Duncan" Ezra was still mad at his childhood friend but he managed to talk to him at least.

"Ouch. That hurt, Ezra" Duncan held his hand to his chest pretending to be physically hurt but it did actually hurt him emotionally. He knew he fucked up real bad by not meeting his mate for three years but he couldn't have dangered his mate's innocence from the beast within.

Did you just call me a beast again?

"I did, so?"

Ass

"Imbecile"

Dim-wit

"M-"

"If you guys are done with your kindergarten fight, leave me alone" Ezra interrupted their verbal punches. It was not like he can hear them fighting but the shuffling beside him and the silence did tell a lot.

"Sorry," Duncan muttered and cooled his self down.

"Well... How is he?" Ezra asked carefully his eyes still closed. He craved to ask Duncan about his wolf, Arion, ever since the first time he was mentioned. He didn't yet meet his wolf but he soon will. He was looking forward to that but his heart yearned for someone else to be their mate, and now that he did see his brother having a male mate, it wouldn't be a lie that he had high hopes.

"How is who?" Duncan asked, confused by the question.

"Arion" the five letters mentioned made Arion stir up and be all perked. He happily jumped at the back like a puppy who just met his lost owner.

"As stupid as ever" Duncan stifled a laugh while Arion growled.

"I bet that was about you" it was the wolf's turn to laugh. "Can I meet him?"