CHAPTER 14

SNEAK PEEK

"You are my mate" the words stuck like the storm that was ongoing then. Their heavy breathes and the equally heavy raindrops were the only sounds in the woods with of course the hailing thunders. Ezra still had his legs around Duncan's pelvis as the beta held his mate against the tree. Ezra had an emotion held in his eyes with a lot of hope. He had no idea of Duncan being his mate as the older beta never hinted at it. But, now after such a passionate kiss, he was sure of this one thing. Duncan Long was indeed his mate.

On the other hand, Duncan was calculating his doings. He had promised himself not to lose this battle of temptation but he was here getting his tongue down his mate's mouth. He had no idea what made him act like that. One moment, he was sitting in the car banging his head and the next moment he was sucking on to Ezra's lips. But, did he regret it now?

50-50

Duncan loosens his grip around Ezra and lands him down. "Duncan?" Ezra needed answers. Duncan took a step back and looked at his bewildered mate. "What's wrong?"

"I love you," he says dazed looking at his beautiful mate who looked ten times more pretty.

"W-what?"

"What!?" Out of the trance.

"Huh?"

"I didn't mean to" Duncan covers his mouth shocked at the words that just left his mouth.

"Huh?" a flash of hurt across Ezra's face.

"I mean I do love you but- how?" Duncan looks around perplexed. He again had no idea what just happened.

---------------------------------

SATURDAY, EZRA'S BIRTHDAY

Blake and Easton were tucked under the white blanket with their legs cuddled at the very end and peaking out. The older alpha had his mate pulled close to him while he had a protected hand on Blake's shoulder. Blake had his head resting on Easton's bicep while he snored away in the crook of the other alpha's neck inhaling the calm scent. One of his hands clutched on the shirt Easton wore yesterday, while the other was against his own chest in a loose fist. Stroking his mate's cheek, who was still in the dreamland, Easton kissed his temple. He smiled to himself looking at how adorable his mate looked. Blake's eyes were all red and swollen after all the crying he did last night while his pink lips formed a pout. Easton chuckled as he removed the hair out of Blake's face to look at it clearly. 

It was past his waking time and normally he would fuss over it but now he just wanted to sleep some more in this warm embrace or just stare at the man that laid carefree in his arms. The promise that he made last night to Blake was something he thought the second thing after waking up. First was Blake. 

He laid deep in thought with brows furrowed at how many years have been since his mate has been going through something this bad all by himself. All alone. His facial expressions changed rapidly and furiously to kill anyone and everyone behind this. He did have an idea of it been the rogues that took away Mrs. Jensen a few years ago. And the raising issues here kind of connected to the patterns back then. The only new fact was about teleporting thing.

He was still pondering when a finger gently touched his forehead right between his eyebrows and started massaging in a circular motion. "Why this irritated first thing in the morning?" Blake's addressed in a hoarse voice. Easton looked down at his mate and his mood changed instantly. He caught the finger, which was still putting away his facial lines, in his hand and smiled gently towards the younger.

"Morning" Easton said which bought a mirrored smile to Blake's face. He tightened his embrace around the younger's body and pulled him more towards him like he was almost laying on Easton. He then kissed Blake's forehead which bought a twinkly shine in his eyes. "Slept well?"