CHAPTER 3

Tuesday, a day before the Coronation

It was a fine evening at the Jensen residence. Everyone in the house was pretty excited about tomorrow. Blake's elder sister was back in the pack for his only little brother's birthday.

Brianna Jensen was a really pretty woman. Being born to the alpha couple she was obligated to carry on her activities of the pack as an alpha but, who knew going to Canada for studies, at the age of seventeen, would get her a mate. After getting married to her mate, Juan, Brianna left the pack to get settled down with her human mate in Latin America. Hence that did double the excitement about the new alpha who would finally inherit their father's place after all this time.

"You excited?" Brianna peaked into Blake's room. His room was just like any other teenager's. Clothes spattered some on the floor and others on the chair, an overflowing trash can, his study table covered all the food he stole from the fridge in the middle of the night and the bed with one cleaner side to sleep whereas the other side was packed with books which he barely ever touched.

"I am! I will finally be the alpha of the pack. I have been dreaming about this for all my life, Brianna." Blake replied to his sister with all honesty.

Brianna was older than Blake by seven years. Blake was nothing but a kid when she got married and let go of the position. Since then the passion to inherit the legacy was engraved in Blake's mind. 

"I can see that" a soft smile made her way to her lips as she sat right next to Blake. "Aren't you nervous though?"

"That I am" a chuckle escapes Blake's mouth. "I will finally meet her, Brianna. My mate, my love, my wife, she would be my everything" Blake was more nervous to meet his lady love than the coronation. Sure, he slept around but he couldn't anymore. More like, he wouldn't anymore.

The Moon goddess would send him the most beautiful girl as his mate and they would be madly in love with each other. Just like how his parents used to be, just like his sister and her mate are now. He would never leave her. "B-but what if she rejects me?" 

Rejection. A choice that could destroy two lives. A choice that makes each of them suffer the other one's pain. A choice made, willing, to eliminate your life with your own hands. 

"They wouldn't, Blake. My baby brother is the finest piece of meat they will ever find" Brianna adored her brother would be an understatement. She loved him with everything she got. She could go against the world for him to get him what he wanted. But then again, only the right ones.

Just like now, Brianna was aware of the possibilities of Blake's mate not being a "she". But, she would keep quiet and not ruin her brother's happiness.

"Now that is right. She would be doomed if she rejects someone like me" Blake puffed out his chest and straightened his shoulders. He had a typical built of an alpha, which means a full chest, broad shoulders, toned muscles but they were just there. They weren't enough. So much more would be changed after tomorrow. His body would develop the instincts of a perfect alpha which would make him a bit more toned with more muscles. Or not.

"Right" the pair burst into laughter as the conversation went on for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow's gonna be a big day.

On the other hand, Duncan was pacing in front of Knights' at eleven in the night. It was barely his fifth time to be here in the last three years especially from the front door and all those times he made sure not to face Ezra somehow. He either came when Ezra was out for school or after he made sure that Ezra was asleep, to only look at his sleeping face, that too from the back door. But, now there was no escaping it. He was in fact here to meet his mate at the order of his mate's brother and his alpha. He couldn't possibly avoid this without being killed.