CHAPTER 43

"Yes, and then put the pasta in the sauce....". Easton instructs " and mix it gently with the tongs" Blake follows every step his mate had told him, very carefully. The couple was in the kitchen making some yummy pasta.

Initially, Easton decided to do everything since they were having a guest over but then Blake wouldn't stop following him everywhere without leaving a inches' space between. He was always on his tippy toes to look what his taller mate was up to. He wanted everything to be perfect even though his contribution was none.

In the end, Easton guided his mate through making the final dish.

"The chicken?" Blake questions wanting to add those sizzling fried chicken pieces in the pasta.

"Here" the older alpha passes the cut pieces of the meat. The pasta was all set with cream escaping from the little space between two strings of the pasta noodles. The cheese was enough to make the stomach of the alphas growl. Blake arranged the chicken on the pasta while Easton took the buttery bread.

"The apple pie? Did we got it to burn?" the younger alpha rushes to the oven to find it empty.

"No we did not, baby" Easton holds the nervous man by his shoulders. "Relax..." his touch indeed calmed the younger alpha. "Everything is great and fine. Look" he assures showing his mate the perfectly baked apple pie.

Blake closes his eyes feeling the warm touch and nods. He was on the edge to serve his father dinner today. And there were two big reasons for that. One: his father was having dinner at "their" house for the first time. Two: Blake wanted to make an effort to have dinner with his "dad" not his father anymore and he wanted it to be so perfect.

After all, this was the first step he would take towards his father apologizing for all his past mistakes.

"Everything is ready?"

"Everything is ready" the older alpha nods.

"Great!" Blake smiles as he walks to get his father.

On the other hand, Christopher had locked himself in the bathroom as he stared through the mirror. He was here for work and he had to get that done as soon as possible.

He closed his eyes wanting to control the reverting of colors, that we're changing within. He licked his lips nervously and decided to get this done with.

He stepped out of the bathroom after confirming that his black orbs were now under control.

"Father?" Blake calls as he was standing right outside of the bathroom. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," Samael made sure to use some words even though he hated it. He needs to make the people believe that he was Christopher. "I am fine"

"Okay... I thought you had constipation" Blake joked and laughed upon it. Alone. He stopped laughing and then got embarrassed upon looking at his father's face.

Samael blinked and then it occurred to him. "Ha Ha Ha" he tried.

That embarrassed the alpha more.

"Ahem. L-lets go? The dinner is ready" he announces before rushing to the dining room.

The father-son pair or more like the brothers walked into the room with a neatly arranged table. "Have a seat, Christopher" Easton requests. "Blake has made your favorite paste. All by himself" he adds.

"That "all" wasn't necessary, Easton"

"Did I lie?"

"Fuck you..." Blake mouthed the words.

The older alpha looks at the former one who was staring at the food in awe. And then he landed his eyes on his mate who was being cautious of his word because of his father.