CHAPTER 15

[Something like this in Black]

Clinking sounds surrounded the old house as the whisk touched the bottom of the vessel every now and then. The air in the small kitchen was thick with bacon being sizzling on the hot pan with a lot of butter. The man in the glittery black robe had water still dripping from his washed hair while he hummed the music playing at the back. "Modern Love" by David Bowie came to an end, just as "Careless Whisper" by George Michael start at the snap of his painted fingers. He hums along removing the toast from the toaster as he also takes out more butter from the fridge. Putting the cooked bacon on the plate, he poured 3/4 of the eggs on the pan for an omelet adding some chopped onions and green chilies on top of it. He plated two parts of everything he made with a bit more on his, and walked to the dining table. He neatly placed the china and walked to get the omelets that were cooked from the other side too. 

🎵Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose this crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say
We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever

But now, who's gonna dance with me?

Please stay

I'm never gonna dance again🎵

................

He sings along with one of the favorite songs he carried from the 80s as he settles on the chair when the doorbell chimes. Snapping his finger, the door opens on its own, Easton standing on the other side. "I was waiting for you," he says which didn't shock Easton at all. "This house is crappy as hell with very limited resources. I'm only having toast and butter for breakfast. Can you believe it?" he rambles with Easton still standing at the door rolling his eyes.

"I mean I don't eat eggs for the breakfast, I eat their mom. But, there's none" he complains irritated from the lack of protein on his plate. 

"Let me at least come inside first" Easton groned entering the house.

"What's the point to wait until you come inside, you got the "ultra pro max werewolf hearing" anyway" the man shrugs off already devouring his "not sufficient" breakfast.

"Shouldn't have come first thing in the morning here, when my beautiful mate wanted to sleep in" Easton says sitting in the chair at the dining table. It was around seven in the morning. The usual time when he has breakfast every morning or more like "used" to have. 

"You lobe me," the man says with his mouth stuffed with toast as he glides his finger from Easton's jawline to his lips and ends it with a tap on the pair.

"Oh, I don't. Don't talk with your mouth full" Easton shivers as he removes his finger away. "Blake would kill you if he smells you on me" he pulls his chair away. The man laughs and shakes his head.

"I'm a half-vampire, hon. I have no smell" he chuckles jugging the toast down with the orange juice. 

"Whatever," Easton says humming around the omelet the man just made. It was insanely delicious. He didn't want to admit it but the man here would make Chef Ramsay pack bags. 

"Why did you summon me here though?" he asks eating the spicy omelet. Easton puts his fork down munching off the bacon and nods remembering the purpose he was here. 

"There have been rogue attacks in the pack for a few days now," he says once he gulps down the food. 

"And? why involve me?"

"Because I think it's not only the wolves that have been involved this time"

"What do you mean?"