CHAPTER 23

[This line reminds me so much of this bickering duo]

Easton flexed his aching back as he entered the office where two other gentlemen were ready to welcome him. "Good morning, guys" he greeted with a strained voice.

"Woah, you look like a mango that got all its pulp sucked up" Tib comments cackling, he grabs a mango out of the thin air, because he felt like eating it now. Easton glares his way and sits down on the alpha chair. The half-vampire was comfortable on his customized chair, whereas, Duncan sat on the chair right in front of his alpha.

"Well, let's say my mate decided that I was not supposed to smile when he was suffering from the consequences of something I did" the alpha sighed. "And I got to sleep on the couch"

"Thanks to you" the alpha cursed his wolf.

You blame me? I have no idea either why did I go so overboard. I just couldn't control myself. One touch led to other and things happened. It was crazy.

"Ugh. How will you convince Blake on this?"

I am very charming.

"That is why I like that man so much" Tib comments to which Duncan manages to laugh a bit. "He does just whatever he thinks first, thinks it is right. I like his dumb-self" he grinned with the sweet delight in his mouth.

Easton glances and shuts him up with it. "You don't look wonderful yourself, mind telling us why?" the alpha directs the question towards the beta. Duncan had big eye bags with almost bloodshot eyes from lack of sleep. His complexion was paler than the day he was bought to the hospital.

"I'm fine-"

"No, you are not. Stop pretending, Duncan. What is it?". Easton uses his alpha voice to know the truth. Tib has also noticed the beta's body and voice getting weaker but he left it to the alpha to question.

Duncan takes a deep breath and opens his grey eyes. "He isn't responding, Alpha" he states in a line. Arion had not shown any sign of improvements, Duncan had tried his best to talk to the wolf but his presence was decreasing with time.

The seriousness in his voice threw Easton off the edge. Tib brought his chair down and gestured to Duncan with his finger. "I will kill you if you think of kissing me again" Duncan put his hands in defense, the karate defense. Easton was not even surprised and just waved off the duo.

"I am not in a mood, Duncan. And I have moved on, I like Blake now" he finished with a wink earning a life-threatening growl from his right. "Ugh! Anyways, let me check what's wrong with you" he says as Duncan carefully takes his steps.

"You are a doctor now?" the beta asks once he stood close enough to the vampire.

"I can be whatever I want and whenever I want" he states closing his eyes and placing his palm over Duncan's chest. He takes a deep breath, with his lips moving, and brows furrowed. Duncan watched the man with confusion on his face, while Easton was laid back. He knew that this will be fine.

After a while, Tib opens his eyes which were all violet now. "They injected him with Silver" he declares with a weak voice as he took his hand off immediately.

"Bastards!" Easton slam on the table hearing the news. Silver was a very dangerous thing for werewolves and vampires. If the amount sent is adequate enough it would easily kill a grown werewolf. And burn the skin of a vampire, which also ends up with death.

Easton walked to the cabinet next to the books rack and grabbed the first aid box. "You're skin is burnt, Tib. Give it to me" the alpha orders when the vampire tries to shake off.