chapter 3

Khwezi

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP*
ARGH!!!!Whoever invented the alarm was such an idiot,nx. I mean those things are fucken LOUD. I rolled out of bed and walked towards the bathroom and did my hygiene process and got dressed in my black pants suit paired with my Gucci heels and a Gucci handbag. I must say Damn I look HOT like a heater. I'm not really a breakfast person so I grabbed one of those blueberry muffins I baked yesterday and an apple then I head out. I got in my red BMW X3 and drive out hoping not to be stuck in any traffic. I arrived at the firm and walked towards the reception where I found my best friend Phiwo gossiping with the receptionist Marlene. Well, Phiwo and I have been best friends since grade 10 and we both studied Law and also work together here at Zungu and son.

Phiwo:"FRIENDSHIP!!!Finally you're here, yazi I was just telling Marlene that I met this handsome brother yesterday but I forgot to take his number. The way I was so pissed nx." I laughed at her facial expression. YOH!!Phiwokuhle can be so dramatic at times.

Marlene: "I can believe you right now. Ai waze way'dlisa iteam phiwo".

me: *laughing* "Ai shame, you guys can't be serious. Wena what's going on with you and Sakhile, I thought you guys had broken up?".

Phiwo: *irritated* "YOH!! Don't tell me about that Asshole. Yes we did break up but he still thinks he owns me and can control my life. That man is dangerous."

Marlene: "Why don't you get a restraining order against him. Phela now, he sounds like a fly that won't go away".

Phiwo: "And don't you think I've tried that. He has connections and now I'm starting to think he's a gangster or something....but anyways, let's get to work, I have to meet up with Mr and Mrs Biyela regarding their divorce settlement. HECTIC I tell you".

me: "Yeah, I still need to get some contracts signed by the big boss but I'll go later...Let me love and leave you ladies, ciao".

them: "Ciao".

Hi! My name is Khwezilokusa Olwethu Ndaba daughter of Bhekani(51) and Nandipha(48) . I'm 24 and I am a Lawyer at Zungu. I have 2 other siblings Qaphela(27) who died 6 years ago, and Emihle(16). My dad is an accountant, and my mom is a businesswoman running her own catering and events company. Both of my parents are still together and live in Westville with my younger sister, so I would say that our living conditions at home in terms of finance we're pretty normal.

I walked towards the elevator and pressed number 6, there are 8 floors in this building with offices for each employee, a huge ass dining hall, bathrooms on each floor and my favourite, an amazing view. As soon as I entered my office, I was met by the annoying Zintle and a stack of papers on top of my desk.

Me: *irritated*"And then? Can I help you?".

Zintle: "Well, yes, you can by going over those papers. You see, I would do it, but some of us are really busy".

Me: "Ungazong'jwayela kabi mina, that's not my problem nor my job."

Zintle: *shrugging her shoulders* "Well don't shoot the messenger babes, toodles ".

And she catwalks out of my office, shaking her flat ass. Bitch. I sat down and got started, and after 2 hours, I was done. The time was 12:00 and I was tired and hungry so I grabbed my bag and made my way to the nearest mall which is Musgrave center. After I parked my car, I walked to Spur since I've been craving their ribs, and man, they make the best! As I was walking, someone bumped into me, making their phone drop on the floor. Yoh, and it's the latest iPhone.

Man: "FUCK!!!WATCH WHERE YOU GOING NX!!! Do you know how much this phone cost?" Haibo wenja, what is this person saying?

Me: *Irritated* "Haibo, don't tell me that shit! You bumped into me, not the other way around.

Man: "Bitch, mind how you speak to me. Do you know who the fuck I am?"
Me: *bored look* "Nigga, does it look like I fucken care? I don't care if your grandmother is Mother Teresa or your dad is Jacob Zuma or your uncle is Obama, nx".

And with that said, I angrily walked away, I mean who the fuck he thinks he is. I entered Spur and ordered ribs with chips on the go since I've lost my appetite because of that asshole. After 30 minutes, I received my order and headed back to work.

As I walked inside the building, I spotted Phiwo and Marlene eating their lunch at the canteen so I marched towards them.

Phiwo; "And then, whats wrong with you".

Me: " Yazi, some handsome asshole bumped into me and literally blamed me for dropping his phone when he was the one who bumped into me, nx.". Haibo, and these 2 clowns were laughing at me.

Marlene: *Laughing* "So he was handsome???".

Me; "Like a heater bro, it's a pity he was such an asshole".

Phiwo: "Ai ke, sit down let's eat". And she snatched the paper bag from my hand. Aibo lomntwana.