chapter 33

Khwezi

I was laying in bed with my head on Manqoba's bare chest and with his arms wrapped around me. And yes, I was wearing my short silky pyjamas. To be honest, I haven't had sex with Manqoba even though I try to initiate it, but he turns me down, which has been pure torture for me since I've been so horny for this man. He says I'm not ready, but I know I am.

Anyways, we had passed out on the bed since we stayed up catching up, and he told me that he had another sister, which shocked me, but it is what it is. We eventually slept around 11, and the time now was 6:15 am. I looked up, and he was still sleeping. He looked so gorgeous even in his sleep. His face looked so relaxed, and his lips were opened a bit, which made him more handsome.

Manqoba: "Thatha is'thombe, baby. I know I'm handsome." He said with his eyes still closed. I chuckled.
Me: "Relax, I was just looking for ways to kill you." I joked, and he chuckled. Then he rolled me over, and his body was on top of me.
Me: "Nqobaa...get off me, uyasinda."
Manqoba: "Ang'funi." And just like that, he fell asleep with his heavy head on my chest. And I followed after a few minutes.

We woke up later and took an innocent shower together. Then he left for work, leaving me alone in this huge house. I decided to clean the house since I had nothing to do, so I grabbed the broom and started to sweep. When I was done, I poured water into a bucket, added some Domestos, and dipped the mopinto the soapy mixture. When I was about to start, my phone rang, and it was my mother.

Me: "Mommy dearest."
Mom: "Yey wena Khwezi, when are you visiting me." Hawu..
Me: "Hawu mah, no hello or how are you, my beautiful child?"
Mom: "Im serious wena. You better come next Monday."
Me: "But I'm going back to work ngoMonday, cherry kaBaba."
Mom: "Im more important, nje, Sthandwa sam." I laughed
Me: "But I need the money, babes."
Mom: "Ayy, indoda yakho izok'nika imali." Hebana, this woman.
Me: "What man, Mah?"
Mom: "Nawe uyazi nje. And your father wants to meet him so iza naye." Oh God, this woman.
Me: "Ok mah. I'll tell him."
Mom: "Kanti ikhona indoda?" I laughed.
Me: "Eyy, Bye mah." She laughed.
Mom: "Ok, my baby. Don't forget to call your sister."
Me: "Why must i call her?"
Mom: "Useyajola phela lowo." I laughed, and we said our goodbyes. I carried on with the chores, and Manqoba came back around 2 o'clock, and this time, he came with Danger.

Danger: "Koti Koti." And he gave me a hug.
Me: "Hi, Sphe. Why are you back so early?"
Manqoba: "I have a meeting with the others." He was referring to his brothers. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and went upstairs to change his clothes.
Danger: "Haike, the fridge is calling me, so let me go." I laughed, and he went to the kitchen. My phone rang, and to my surprise, it was Phiwo.

Me: "Hello." The line was silence, then there was breathing sounds.
Me: "Hello? Phiwo?" No one answered, so I listened to sounds. Then she spoke.
Phiwo: "Please don't kill me. Ngiyak'cela Sakhile..."
Man: "YEY WENA, PUT THAT FUCKEN PHONE DOWN!"
Phiwo: "NOOO...AAHHH!!!" And the line went silent. My phone dropped, and tears fell down my face. I didn't realize that Manqoba and Danger had been calling me.
Manqoba: "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
Me: "She...I..she..needs...me. I have to go." Manqoba stopped me while Danger picked up my phone and then called Sthe to trace the call.
Manqoba: "Wait here. We will go." Hell no!
Me: "Cha! I want to see my friend, Manqoba."
Danger: "I have the location. As'vaye." We rushed out of the house and drove to Phiwo's flat.

Manqoba: "Sthandwa sam, you have to wait in the car. Sisomletha, ok?" I nodded. And they got out of the car and entered the building.

.
.
.
.
.

Narrated

Manqoba and Danger entered the building and decided to use the stairs instead of the elevator. The receptionist allowed them to hold through as he saw that they were carrying guns. They went up to the second floor and went down the hallway to number 8. Danger knocked, but no one answered. He knocked again, but this was harder, and still no one answered.

Manqoba: "We have to break the door." Danger nodded in agreement and moved away from the door. He gathered all his strength and charged at the door, which broke apart, giving them access to the apartment. They quickly entered and searched the whole place. The apartment was dark and had a distinctive smell of blood and rotten food, which came from the pots that were on the stove. Manqoba heard soft groans, then looked at the bedroom door.  Danger followed his gaze and walked towards it, with his gun pointing at it. They both stood by it, and Manqoba made a countdown before he charged at it. The door broke, and they entered but stopped their tracks as they were not expecting to see what they saw.

Sakhile was fucking Phiwo, who was unconscious and was badly beaten. Her face was bloody, and her body was bruised and had red marks everywhere. Danger's eyes were orange, and his claws were slowly growing. His beast wasted no time and removed Sakhile from Phiwo and pinned him to the wall. Manqoba quickly took a sheet and covered her. Then he picked her up and carried her to the car, leaving Sakhile in the hands of Danger's beast. Khwezi's heart dropped, and tears flowed when she saw Manqoba carrying a bruised Phiwo. She could believe that her best friend had suffered at the hands of that bastard. Manqoba carefully placed phiwo at the back with Khwezi, who gently laid her head on her lap. Manqoba went to the driver's seat and drove them to the nearest hospital, which was Westville Hospital. The paramedics came with a stretcher and wheeled her inside, with Khwezi holding  Phiwo's hand. Manqoba pulled Khwezi away from Phiwo when they approached the theater. Khwezi sunk to the floor and cried for her friend. She held on tight to Manqoba's shirt and allowed her tears to fall.