chapter 17

Manqoba

We were all seated in Sthe's office. He had called an urgent meeting regarding the girl who took the cocaine. The information he had must have been serious as Sthe has never called us to his office. Most of the time, the meetings were held at the warehouse.

Mnqobi: "I hope you got information on this girl. We need to find her before she sells the stuff."
Sthe: "Im sure we're dealing with an amateur or someone who's keeping daddy's legacy alive." He said sarcastically. I chuckled.
Mthoko: "Sthe, what do we have?" Sthe was deep in thought. I pushed him a bit, and he looked at me.
Sthe: "Um..what?."
Danger: "Iza nazo bafo. Who is she?"
Sthe: "Um... ok. It was challenging to find information on her. We are not dealing with an amateur."
Khaya: "What do you mean?"
Sthe: "The only information I got is that her name is Ndalolwenkosi Ngcobo. She is the leader of the PRIDE and has a few businesses, that's all."
Me: "What about her childhood, family, or varsity years?"
Sthe: "Everything is dark before that. It's like she started existing after 23 years. She's an extremely good hacker, I guess."
Danger: "I dont know about you guys, but something seems dark about her. Her eyes, man."
Sthe: "All I want to know is why did she look terrified when you guys turned into beasts? Yes, her gang was scared, but she looked unfazed. How come?"
Mthoko: "There's something more than what's written there." They sat in silence for a while. Manqoba's phone rang, and it was his beloved MaNdaba.

Me: "MaNdaba." They looked at me in amusement.
Khwezi: "Zungu, unjani?" He smiled at the sweet voice in his ear.
Me: "Im fine, now that I'm talking to you." His brothers burst out laughing at him.
Khwezi: "Who's laughing like that?"
Me: "Some idiots I call brothers." She giggled a bit.
Khwezi: "I just wanted to tell you that I'm spending the weekend, ekhaya."
Me: "Ai MaNdaba, then who will I spend the weekend with." His brothers chuckled at this baby.
Khwezi: "Next time, got to go. Love you." And she hanged up before I could reply. I called her again.

Me: "Nami ngiyakuthanda ntokazi yakwaNdaba". And I hanged up. They all looked at me.
Me: " What?"
Sthe: "Yiza nazo."
Me: "Ini?" I acted as if I didn't know what he was talking about.
Danger: "Hawu, umgosi. Usune-cherry entsha?"
Me: "I dont kiss and tell."
Khaya: "Izinto zamantombazane lezo. Tell us, phela."
Me: "Let's get just say uvukile umalambane." And they whistled and cheered for me. Damn these idiots...