Chapter 31

Narrated

The past couple of months were rough for everyone. The Zungus haven't heard anything from Ndalo and also worried about Baba as he had fallen into this big hole of depression and regret. He wished that he could fix his mistakes and be able to have a relationship with his first daughter, who still hasn't forgiven him. The brothers' view of their mother changed. They couldn't believe that their sweet, loving mother could cause so much suffering onto someone. They also realized how fortunate they were, and they felt sorry for their sister. Ndalo, on the other hand, kept herself busy by accepting jobs that paid her millions of dollars every kill. There were funerals and new stories every week: a politician was killed, a president was killed, a military general was killed, etc. She was unstoppable and very dangerous, which made Nkunzi worried. When Nkunzi would ask her about the Zungus, she would dismiss him or change the subject. She tried by all means to avoid talking about them.

Khwezi and Manqoba's relationship was thriving. Khwezi eventually went back to her apartment but would visit Manqoba 4-5 times a week. It was clear that she had a new obsession, but she still felt sad that she couldn't reach Phiwo, who she last saw 3-4 months ago. She felt like Phiwo was in danger and was trapped by her obsessive ex. Elihle went back to school and was taken from school by Mthoko every day. Did I mention that she now has a secret admirer/stalker. And it was Thriller. Thriller was taken by Elihle's beauty, and he wanted Elihle to be his. Even though the extremely overprotective brothers would never allow him to date their sister, he didn't care too much about them and was up for a challenge...
.
.
.
.

Khwezi

The last couple of months have been absolute bliss. I received a call from my parents, asking me why was I not answering their calls, but I made up a story because I didn't want to worry them or raise their blood pressure. I've been attending my therapy sessions, and even if I didn't feel like or was lazy to get up from my bed, Manqoba made sure that I went to every single one with Elihle. I haven't been to work, thanks to Manqoba and Khaya, who actually owned Zungu & Son. Perks of dating into this family.

I was still in bed, tapping on my phone. My phone rang, and it was Manqoba. Judging from this call, I guessed he knew that I didn't go to my therapy session.
Me: "Hello." I said slowly.
Manqoba: "Your session started an hour ago. Ukephi?" One thing I've realized was that when Manqoba was angry or upset, he didn't greet me. He goes straight to the point.
Me: "I woke up late." I lied. I didn't wake up late. I woke up at 6:30, which was 2 hours ago as the time now was 8:30. He sighed in frustration.
Manqoba: "Do you want to carry with the sessions?"
Me: "No." I said in a low tone as I didn't want to hurt his feelings since he had paid so much money for these sessions.
Manqoba: "Are you sure, mama?" I blushed.
Me: "Yebo, Sengwayo." I said in my sweetest voice, and he chuckled.
Manqoba: "Kulungile. I'll see you tomorrow. love you."
Me: "Ok, love you too."
Manqoba: "What happened to the 'I'?"
Me: "It went on vacation with yours." And we laughed, then he hanged up.

***
.
.
.
.

Ndalo

I was in my gym, finishing my last set of squats, and I heard a knock on the door. So I grabbed the towel that was next to and wiped the sweat that ran down my forehead and back. I opened the door, and I looked at him blankly.

Danger: "Aren't you going to let us in?" It was Danger and Khaya, dressing in their gym clothes. I kept quiet, trying to hide my annoyance, and opened the door wider for them to enter. They walked in and went straight to the gym. They placed their bottles on the floor and started working out, leaving me gobsmacked.

Me: "What the fuck is going on?" They ignored me and carried on with their exercises until they were done after 2 hours. They drank water and wiped the sweat from their faces.
Me: "Now, will you tell me you guys are here?"
Mnqobi: "We came for the gym."
Me: "Don't you have your own gym at your own houses?" I made sure to emphasize the 'your' as I was serious.
Danger: "Haw yini manje Ndaloz? We came to work out with you, nje." I rolled my eyes and drank my water.
Khaya: "Tell us weNdalo, why are you going on a killing spree?" I looked at him.
Me: "That's my job."
Danger: "Aowa Ndaloz, to wipe out the majority of the members of parliament? Keng? Are you an assassin?" I chuckled, then nodded. His eyes grew in shock.
Danger: "So vele, you're James Bond? Ahh, ntwanaz, next time, call me so we can wipe them out together." I chuckled again, and Khaya gave him a look.
Danger: "What? Ungang'buki kanjalo Lethu-lethu. Nami, I want to be part of the action. Imagine me as that guy from that movie. Konje, what's the name of it?"
Khaya: "John Wick, Sphe."
Danger: "Yah, that one with the guns." I laughed at his stupidity while Khaya looked at him with a disappointed look. Then he looked at me intensely.
Me: "What?"
Khaya: "You don't have to hide it."
Me: "Hide what?"
Khaya: "That you're not ok. We can see it."
Danger: "Yeah, man, if you need someone to talk to, we are here as your older brothers." I rolled my eyes.
Me: "Older brothers? Really?"
Danger: "Yes, Ndaloz. Phela, you're the last born." Hebana? I still haven't accepted the fact that I have siblings as it's always been me and me only. I didn't know how to love or care for anyone else.
Me: "Im not the last born. Your other sister is."
Danger: "This was nice. Next time we must invite the others."
Me: "Whatever, but keep that arrogant fucker away from me."
Khaya: "Who? Mnqobi?" I looked at him, and he laughed. Mnqobi had this thing about him that made me want to punch his face. He was too cocky and arrogant for my liking. There was definitely a clash of the alphas.
Danger: "This should be fun. Two bulls in one kraal."
Khaya: "More like two beasts in one kraal."
Me: "Shut the fuck up." And they laughed. I sighed and looked at them.
Me: "I guess we're family now. Set up a meeting with your dad."
Khaya: "You mean our dad?" I looked at him, then rolled my eyes.
Me: "Yeah, that." They chuckled, then they stood up and went to the guestrooms to shower.

Ndalolwenkosi Zungu. Hmm... not a fan.

***

Hey everyone ❤️ I'm so sorry for leaving you hanging for almost 2 weeks, but I couldn't continue to write. I know this might sound like an excuse, but  I was so sick. So I had to go to the hospital (St Augustine Hospital) for a check-up, which made me behind with weiting the more chapters and also my schoolwork.

Yes. I've been reading the comments, and I can tell that you guys are not pleased with my absence, so I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I appreciate you guys for reading my book.

The next chapter will be published shortly....