chapter 30

Manqoba

We arrived home at Baba's house and sat on the couches. No words had been said ever since what happened at the compound. We sat in silence for a few minutes, drowning in our own thoughts. I had questions, especially for ubaba. How was that possible? Is she our sister? Is she one of us? Sthe eventually stood up.

Sthe: "So are we going to sit here and say nothing after witnessing that?" He was clearly angry and annoyed.
Mthoko: "Hlala phansi Sthe. This isn't the time or place."
Sthe: "Oh fuck that." He turned and looked at Baba.
Sthe: "Baba, can you explain how Ndalo was able to transform into a beast and not just a regular beast, but a beast with 5 tails?"
Baba: "Not now, Sthembiso. I have a lot on my mind."
Sthe: "Then when, huh? When?"
Khaya: "Hlisa umoya bafo. You can see that he's also processing what happened."
Sthe: "That's bullshit. FUCKEN BULLSHIT! Do you fucken realize that we might have a sister out there and you're telling me to calm down?"
Mnqobi: "Sthe, we get that you're angry,  but bafo, screaming won't help."
Sthe: "You guys don't get it. He-."
Baba: "AYY FOKOF MAN!!" Baba stood up and left, leaving us there. Richard followed him. Sthe sat down and kept quiet. We sat like that for a few minutes, then khaya spoke.

Khaya: "I knew something was off." We looked at him.
Me: "What do you mean?"
Khaya: "Remember when we transformed into our beasts when they stole the crates of cocaine?"
Mnqobi: "Shit! They didn't look terrified or anything like that."
Me: "I think they knew that Ndalo had a beast."
Mthoko: "Now I can see abit of Elihle's features."
Danger: "Mina, personally, I think Baba is hiding something, and it time we find out the truth. " We agreed.
Mthoko: "But how will we do that?"
Sthe: "Easy. We set up a meeting with Ndalo, Nkunzi, and Baba present."
Me: "Or we can simply tell go with ubaba to Ndalo's place. With the help of Nkunzi, of course. " They nodded their heads in agreement. My phone rang, and it was Khwezi.  I stood up and went to the kitchen to answer it.

Me: "Mama."
Khwezi: "Sengwayo. Unjani?" Oh, her sweet voice always brought a smile to my face. Especially when she called me by my clan name.
Me: "Ngiyaphila Sthandwa sam, wena unjani?"
Khwezi: "Im not okay, Manqoba." Her tone changed. Hawu manje?
Me: "What's wrong? Is everything okay there?" She sighed.
Khwezi: "When are you coming back?"
Me: "Hawu mama, usuyang"khumbula?" I said, grinning.
Khwezi: "Hell no. I just wanted you to bring some dunked wings, that's all." This woman.
Me: "Kanti, you don't miss me? You just want me to get you your dunked wings?" I said, acting hurt.
Khwezi: "Um...yep." Damn this woman.
Me: "Then I won't bring them, ke."
Khwezi: "Hawu baby?"
Me: "Khohlwa MaNdaba."
Khwezi: "Please, baby. I was joking, nje."
Me: "Well, I wasn't." She begged me for dear life until I eventually agreed.  She squealed loudly.
Khwezi: "Love you so much. I have to go, Elihle is burning down the kitchen." I heard Elihle say she wasn't.
Me: "Ok, I love you. Say hi to Elihle for me."
Khwezi: "Ok. Love you too. Bybee." And she hanged up. Did I tell you that Elihle and Khwezi have become BFFs ever since the kidnapping. They were literally inseparable, like sisters or even twins. I poured us some whiskey and then gave it to them. We sat down again in silence, waiting for Baba and Richard to come down.

****

* Once off pov*

Muzikayise Zungu (Baba)

I sat down in my office, and my hands ran all over my face. Richard placed his hand on my shoulder.

Richard: "Is she your daughter?" I sighed, then nodded my head.
Me: "The last time I saw her when her mother brought her to my doorstep."
Richard: "How was she?"
Me: "She was a few days old."
Richard: "What happened from there?" I looked down in embarrassment.
Me: "Sbahle forced me to turn her away. She had threatened to dissappear with the boys." Richard sat down next to me.
Richard: "I can't believe she has a beast. How is that possible?"
Me: "She might have inherited it from MaNdlela." Richard's phone beeped.
Richard: "It's Nkunzi. He was to have a meeting with us."
Me: "When?"
Richard: "Now."

Shit.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ndalo

I was woken by Nkunzi, shaking me awake.

Nkunzi: "Wake up. We have visitors." I got up and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I wasn't pleased. My hair was all over the place, and my eyes were puffy and bloodshot red. I got into the shower, and I shivered as the cold water flowed down my back. Before I blacked out, I remembered ripping Antonio's head and intestines, so I guessed that this meeting was about that. I got out of the shower and wore my grey track pants and white shirt with white socks. I went downstairs, and Nkunzi was seated with the Zungus in the living room, drinking whiskey. I sat on one of the armchairs that were facing them. I looked at them and kept quiet.

Mnqobi: "Aren't you going to greet?"
Me: "No." I looked at Nkunzi.
Me: "Bafunani lana? I thought we'd go our separate ways after killing Antonio?" They looked at each other. I chuckled.
Me: "If you're here to tell me that I'm your daughter, save your breath because im not."
Nkunzi: "Just keep quiet and listen." I rolled my eyes. Then Zungu cleared his throat.
Zungu: "24 years old, my wife hired a domestic worker since we were too busy with other stuff. Her name was Nozibusiso Ngcobo, and she was 5 years younger than me. After 6 months of her working for us, one thing led to another, and we fell in love. I loved her dearly, and I was planning on making her my second wife, but Sbahle eventually found out, and she fired her immediately. Later on, after 9 months,  Nozibusiso rocked up carrying a baby.  She said that her parents disowned her and she had nowhere to go."
Me: "And let me guess, you denied the baby and turned her away." He sighed
Zungu: "Im sorry, but I had no choice."
Me: "No, you had a choice but you choice your little bitch over my mother."
Sthe: "Don't call my mother a bitch."
Me: "Thula wena, this doesn't concern you." And he kept quiet.
Me: "You have no idea what I went through, while your kids over here had a nice childhood with both parents."
Nkunzi: "Calm down, mshana."
Me: DONT FUCKEN TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!! Did you know that your bitch sent men to come rape us at night while we were sleeping. They raped my mother and infected her with HIV. We had to beg for food, and sometimes we drank water for dinner. I was kidnaped and was forced to become an assassin at the age of 12. I was beaten up raped repeatedly. So dont tell me to calm down." I was burning in anger, and I could feel my beast resurfacing, but I controlled myself.
Zungu: "I understand that you're angry and i-." I stood up.
Me: "You understand what? I became a heartless killer because of you. My dreams of becoming a doctor vanished became of you. I never got a father's love because of you." I looked at them, and horror washed over their faces. My face hardened, and my eyes turned red.
Nkunzi: "Calm the fuck down, Ndalo." I did my breathing exercise then sat down.
Me: "Where were you when I discovered my beast? Where were you when I first killed someone? Where were you when I  was kidnaped and raped every day? Where were you when I needed your love?  Where the fuck were you when I became this person I am today? Let me tell you where you were: in your mansion, raising your sons and giving them everything they wanted while I suffered in a shack that hardly had electricity. " He kept quiet and looked down. I stood up again.
Me: "Family reunion is over. Get the fuck out of my house." And I walked away, leaving them there.

Will the Zungu brother's view on their mother change? Or will Ndalo ever forgive and accept her father?
Comment down below!!!❤️👀