Chapter 26.

BEHOLDER.
.
CHAPTER 26.
.
NOKWANDA.
.

My friends and I were in Gateway having a celebratory dinner for me for not going ahead with marrying Vusi and I have never seen people this happy that I did not get married and to be completely honest I was happy with them. I cannot believe I almost ruined my whole happiness like that. Being stuck in a marriage with Vusi was never going to help me get over being left by Jason or fill the void in my heart. Vusi would have made sure I paid for even getting with Jason in the first place.

Right now we all were looking at the menu and my friends began ordering drinks. "Can we have a bottle vodka,we have to celebrate!" Phiwe was all hyped but I quickly shook my head. "A bottle of vodka for them. Me I just want son juice." I said with a light laugh and I saw my friends raised their eyebrows all at the same time. "Please do not tell us you're having second thoughts about leaving Vusi on the alter." Zoe gave me this funny look but I just laughed at them. "Uhm no but I have been meaning to tell you guys something."

"Please don't tell us you're still moaning about Jason because that would not be okay. We have to show him that you're okay without him and that-" Thami was cut off by Phiwe nudging her to shut up which I think helped because I didn't need to be reminded about how Jason left me. It was still a fresh wound.

"Uhm I am pregnant guys." Silence,complete silence even the waitress looked shocked. "Wait what?" Zoe looked shocked like she didn't expect that from me but hello I have been having sex since I was 19 so why she shocked like I am some virgin. "Wait, You're pregnant by Vusi?" Phiwe was not acting very bright right now and this girl was a whole teacher. What is she teaching our kids if she's this slow.

"No, Jason." I said in this bored tone and I saw Thami start to count with her hand. "Wait so you're like 3 months pregnant?" She asked holding 3 fingers up and I nodded. "Y'all fuckin had sex before he left you."

"We had sex on the night he left me." I said quietly and all my friends went whoa. I sat back on my chair as I watched them digest the fact that they were about to be aunts. "Uhm." The waitress cleared her throat. Thami looked over at her and poor girl was standing awkwardly around us. "Uhm bring all of us some cranberry juice and uhm a bottle of non alcoholic champagne I guess to celebrate." She said and the waitress nodded before she left us. "Wait. This means you have to find Jason." Phiwe spoke like she got a light bulb idea but doesn't she think I have tried that. I have been on both instagram and Facebook trying to find him but he was nowhere to be found. He had disappeared to the face of the earth.

"Well good luck with that." I sighed, I could tell they all were thinking hard. "He recently called Austin." Thami said and that's when I sat up straight. Why didn't she say anything about that. "What?"

"Uhm I decided not to tell you because I didn't want to get your hopes high. He just wanted to let them know he was okay and that the treatment was working."

"So he calls everybody except for me?" I asked and just like that tears filled my eyes. I saw a frown come on all of my friend's faces. "He asked about you and Austin told him you were marrying Vusi,he didn't know you weren't going to go through with it." Oh my God, I covered my face with my hand. He was never going to come back now. "Even after knowing I was marrying Vusi he didn't come back."

"I am so sorry K." Thami tried to touch my hand but I quickly snatched it back to me. "I have to go." I said as I took my handbag and my jacket that was on my chair. "Nokwanda come on." That was Phiwe but I just gave her a mean glare before I walked away from here. I felt my tears fill my eyes but I sure as hell wasn't about to cry in a place with so many people. I was just going to drive back to my apartment and wallow in my pity on my own. "Nokwanda." I heard Zoe's voice but I never stopped walking. "You see this is why we said the whole Jason relationship was a bad idea now look at this!" That made me stop in my tracks instantly and I turned to her. I was about to go off at her.