Chapter 7

BEHOLDER.
.
CHAPTER 7.
.
NOKWANDA.
.
I woke up the next morning with so much happiness within me and it seemed like the world was reciprocating my happiness because damn the street seemed clean,the birds were chirping and birds stopped chirping when I was a little girl but today they were chriping and the flowers seemed to bloom okay I am lying on the flower part,anybody that knows the street of Durban knows that there is no flowers in Durban but everything else was exactly how I had described it.

"You look happy." That was Thabo,I had just walked in my workplace and I was busy humming some Beyonce song. "Uhm I had a great night." I smiled even wider when I thought of how Jason made me feel seen and needed last night.

"Weren't you on the verge of a mental breakdown because of your so called boyfriend marrying someone else?" He asked making me frown in an instant. "Wow,you just had to remind me of my so called depression." I walked over to my desk and I could hear him curse under breath when he realised how he just ruined my perfect day.

"Shoot I am sorry Kwando." I shook my head placing my phone on the desk. I kept on looking at it hoping for a text from Jason. I mean after we shared that intimate kiss we hung out watching movies and acting like we were together and when I woke up this morning he was gone so I guess he must have left when I fell asleep during our movie marathon.

"You're not forgiven. I had just forgotten about my miserable life for like a few hours than you came and took me back to that scene of heartbreak. You didn't even let me enjoy just a moment of my peace." The pain came knockin on my heart,reminding it how we were rejected and how we were not good enough for the mighty Vusi.

"Kwando." He tried to fix what he has done but I shook my head because I didn't want to him saying more sorries. I just want to try and forget about Vusi and try and think about what the future could possibly hold for me.

"I'll buy lunch." I didn't say anything instead,I began preparing for my work.
"For the whole week." He continued to beg but I still continued sorting out my desk not even daring to look at him which him clear his throat in this desperate way.
"For the whole month." A smile crept on my lips and I finally looked up to him. "You're forgiven."

"Damn you drive a hard bargain." He sighed but I just laughed at him. "So I've been told." He laughed now leaning on my desk. "You wanna tell me what has you so happy today?" He curiously asked and the smile formed on my lips when I thought how perfect Jason's lips fitted with mine. It was like he was made to kiss only my lips. How could I feel like the for him when I was going through such a painful break.

Note to self: Y'all broke up a year ago. You're just going through anything but a break up at this moment.

I swear I wanted to roll my eyes when I thought how right my mind was but one thing my mind doesn't understand that we were going to eventually get back together if that bitch Sbahle hadn't trapped him into proposing to her.

"Hello." Thabo snapped his fingers in my face making me come back to earth. "Why do you always zone out?"

"It's a mental disorder type of thing." I looked so serious and for a moment I could see that he thought I was being serious. "There's no such thing." He laughed squinting his eyes.

"I mean Google diagnosed me so it must exist." I shrugged my shoulders,he just laughed at me even shaking his head in the process.

"Don't take this the wrong way but I feel like your ex is a dumb guy to let you go. You're a catch Kwando." The smile he gave me possessed some flirting which had me nodding awkwardly. "Yeah thanks." I hated feeling awkward especially when a guy was trying to flirt with me but that was just me. I had taught myself to stay loyal to Vusi. Taught myself to resist any sort of flirting from other guys and just completely devote myself to him to a point that any flirting I received I would turn it awkward.