Chapter 36

BEHOLDER.
.
CHAPTER 36.
.
NOKWANDA.
.

A year quickly moved along and I found myself celebrating another year still single and no hope of ever getting a ring on my finger since my soulmate was still very much married.

Of course when Christmas came I had to go home to Durban and I spent it with my family and that was when I noticed the whole mkhwenyana line they used whenever they referred to Jason but I knew that was just the mere fact that he forked out a lot of money when he came to pay for the damages so I guess that's how he became their favorite. Even my dad seemed to have liked him or more like liked his money but as long as everybody could get along for the sake of Cebo than I was willing to look the other side.

I was back at work. No more maternity leave and the Christmas holidays were over now it was back to working like a dog but thank heavens for my aunt who has moved in with me permanently. I said I was going to pay her for taking care of Cebo and also I know she always wanted to leave Durban so she didn't mind being here with me. I just hope that one day she could muster enough courage to go back to school and get the teaching degree she always talks about. I am hoping that I can convince her to try it.

I was back on the dating scene. I met this handsome guy some months back in woolworths and we exchanged numbers and the conversation just flowed and pretty soon we were doing dates. His name is Sandile. He comes from a well off family and also has his own thing going. He was a business man and a very respected one because of  the way everybody respects him wherever him and I show up. Yes this time I was doing this whole dating thing with so much caution. I wasn't wearing my heart on my sleeve like in the past. I wanted Sandile to be the one that teaches me to be once again soft on love and more accepting and I would be lying if I said he wasn't trying because that man was such a romantic.

Jason obviously still does his unannounced pop in like he owns the place and I have just gotten used to it because seriously he is way too old for me to keep on repeating myself. Ever since I began dating Sandile,he has been a bitch towards me but I was just glad he was respectful towards my aunt and also still loved his son who was too adorable not to love. He grows up so fast like somebody put some fertilizer on him and I hated how he said fuck my genes and took his white genes only. I thought black genes were strong but this time the melanin was like 'Nope,faka u zero ma'am.' This child does not look black at all and he has Austin always making jokes about how I was about to get arrested everytime I went out in public with him and Austin told zero lie. I don't know how many times people have approached him, mostly white people asking him if he was safe with him. At one point I even had to deal with police officers who were called by some random white person lying and saying I stole my own chill from the mall.

Today was my off day and I was busy cooking up and storm in my kitchen. I was going to take some dinner over to Sandile's place and maybe we can take our relationship to the next level because your girl has been missing the action. A whole year and a few months have passed since I last got laid and I could really use some stress reliever.

"Something smell good in here?" That was my aunt walking with Cebo in her arms. My baby was growing too fast and Lord knows I wanted to stop the time because wherever it concerned him it seemed like it was moving too fast.

"Mama." He did his baby talk which made me walk over to them and I began kissing his face before I took him from my aunt. "How is mommy's munchkin." I rubbed my nose on his which had him smiling so wide presenting me his smile which was identical to his dad's.

"Muhle umntwana wakho. No wonder everybody is drawn to him." My aunt smiled rubbing his back and she was right. He was such a handsome young fellow. I can already tell he is going to take after his father and break hearts.