Chapter Four

King O'Sullivan sits in the front of the room with his two sons beside him and eyes the large benches set up with the gypsy and other men of his kingdom sitting around. He looks to Archibald and shakes his head.

"Every year son, the same people come to our kingdom and the crowd grows larger. You are loved by your people."

Archibald nods his head staring over his father.

"Aye father as we all are."

The king nods his head staring over the large crowd and smiles to himself.

"No, their love for you is unmeasured my son."

Edmond nods his head agreeing as he looks out at the full hall and smiles to himself.

"Aye father, his people love him dearly it is unmatched by anyone before of this clan."

Archibald stares down his brother who nods to him as Archibald smiles to himself.

"You flatter me, brother."

Edmond laughs eyeing the dancers in front of them as he comments.

"Don't get cocky now brother. The kingdom is full of beauty's today and perhaps your new wife?"

Archibald stares to his brother and teases him.

"Or perhaps your's brother?"

Edmond smiles to his brother knowingly and comments.

"Aye, brother I do not need such dread. I am going to be king, after all, no time for wives your heirs can inherit my throne."

Archibald eyes the beautiful women dancing before him and smiles to himself but hears a loud scream from the back.

"My king! The cranes, the cranes have come to our home!"

Archibald grips his sword and stands up as the people turn to him, but his father grips his arm as he comments.

"Steady your anger boy"

King O'Sullivan nods to the guard who walks forward kneeling and as he whispers low.

"They seem disheveled my lord, Lady Crane comes begging our mercy for safety."

Archibald grips his sword and stays standing as King O'Sullivan looks to him and back to the guard.

"See them in."

Edmond yells at his father staring him down angrily.

"Father!"

King O'Sullivan nods to his son.

"My boys I am king trust my choice"

King O'Sullivan pulls Archibald down to sitting and whispers.

"If you do not wish to see them you can go, son."

Archibald balls his fist as he comments.

"And miss the chance to rip her skin from her face, father?"

Edmond looks to his brother and comments.

"You will have to calm yourself. We stay our blades as father wants."

Edmond gets up, standing beside Archibald and places his hand on his shoulder and nods to his father as he yells.

"Show them in!"

All the people in the room remain silent as a woman, her daughter and son walk into the hall as she yells to the king.

"You, you party, you party as the monarchy falls, like the savages you are!"