Chapter Thirty-Four

Samina O'Sullivan fixes her nice dress and walks into the restaurant as the man motions back.

"back table."

She goes to speak and the man motions back.

"back table."

Samina fixes her dress and walks back eyeing Edmond O'Sullivan alone looking into the half-empty drink and she comes up standing at the table as she bows her head.

"aye, my lord-"

"Edmond, just Edmond.."

He motions to the large booth and she sits down as he motions towards him.

"sit close I don't want anyone listening in."

She scoots closer to him and he remains quiet for a few minutes staring down his drink. Samina remains quiet as well and Edmond speaks.

"my son, Hannah Nolan kidnapped my son."

Samina sits back and Edmond motions to her as he continues his story.

"she drugged me, took him and now he's in the monarchy, alone."

Edmond takes a drink and Samina stares down her king as she reaches out placing her hand over his and states.

"I can pull some contacts we have some reporters on the ground there was an attack on some Nair land a few weeks back, the fields completely burned. reports are saying the Galvin's did it but people aren't sure."

Samina remains quiet and Edmond takes another drink as he asks unsure.

"The Galvin's? They aren't the type to burn the land, especially not Nair territory that's far out, their armies barely travel outside the city. Dorian is paranoid people are trying to overthrow the throne."

Edmond stops thinking to himself and Samina looks down as a server puts some food on the table. She remains quiet and Edmond sits back as Samina asks.

"what will you do now?"

He shrugs his shoulders and takes another sip of his glass as a man comes running into the restaurant and comes forward placing down a note as he bows his head.

"my lord we have gotten words from Hannah Nolan your clan told me to bring this to you personally."

Edmond looks to the man and eyes over his attire and sees his clan pin on his outfit as he comments.

"a crane?"

the man looks down fixing his suit as he nods his head.

"aye, sir I work for house crane. I am actually a Shaw on my father's side my mother was a noble crane married off young."

Edmond takes the note opening it and eyes the words as he reads them to himself.

"the Nolan throne is no longer contested."

He folds the note and takes out a pen from his pocket eyeing the words as the crane stands off to the side of him and he thinks to himself for a minute. Samina stares over her king and asks unsure.

"my lord? what does it say?"

Edmond folds over the note and gets up staring down the crane as the crane remains still he lifts his pen sliding out the hidden knife from it and jams it into the man's throat. The man cough out holding his neck as the blood runs down and Edmond smiles to himself leaning down taking out a second pen and initials the note placing it inside the crane's pocket as he stares the man down and nods.

"bad day for you."

The crane holds his bloody neck and falls forward onto the table and the restaurant grows quiet as Edmond fixes his suit staring at the people around him. the restaurant remains quiet as Edmond motions to Samina.

"I suggest you leave now girl never good to remain at a crime."

Samina gets up and she follows behind Edmond remaining quiet as they walk out into the street. he hears the sirens and watches the cars pull up eyeing the O'Sullivan security force and a man in a suit motions to Edmond as he demands.

"what happened here?"

Edmond looks over the man and smiles as he comments.

"a message was sent."

The man motions to the security force and demands as he motions to the restaurant.

"take care of it."

The small group walks through the doors and gunfire erupts as Samina looks back and Edmond fixes his suit commenting.

"is that how we take care of things now?"

the man opens a car door and motions in as he explains.

"your brother has made it clear since what occurred at the meeting of eight that the corporation needs to be discrete. it will be reported as a terrorist attack and we will move forward but I do recommend you keep a low profile. murder is illegal on the plateau Edmond we can't keep cleaning up your messes."

Edmond stares down the man in his fine suit and eyes the tattoos on his neck as he asks.

"why are the Galvin's so involved?"

The man runs his hand on his neck tattoo and stares down Edmond and thinks over his words. He drops his hand from his tattoo and Edmond eyes the black ring with the golden G inside it on the man's finger and asks again.

"why are you involved, Galvin?"

The man buttons his suit jacket closed as he comments mocking the O'Sullivan.

"someone needs to clean up your mess Ed. your clan constantly causes chaos in the monarchy if my father had his way a genocide of your clan would have occurred already, but Alvis has gone to bat for you more so then he should. many of us have and thankfully my father has a soft ear for his kids, but if you keep doing this his hand will be pushed and not even Alvis could save you."

the Galvin motions to the car and demands.

"in."

Edmond remains quiet for a second but gets into the car and Samina does the same. the Galvin fixes his suit one last time and lowers himself into the car. he remains quiet and ed sits back eyeing the man with his brown hair and dark navy suit. the man sits back tapping his ring finger on the car door as the car drives down the block slowly. the man remains quiet and ed examines the younger man as he asks.

"I thought all Galvin's remained in Galvin city with the exception of Alvis?"

the man stares out the tinted window at the skyscrapers and he comments.

"Alvis can't be everywhere at once and my father felt this issue needed a softer hand. I was finishing my studies here anyway. it made sense it would be me and of course, I do as my father asks."

the younger man plays with his ring as he thinks to himself and Edmond asks.

"what is your name Galvin?"

The Galvin looks to Edmond and nods his head introducing himself.

"Lukas Galvin third eldest to the throne of Galvin"