Chapter Fifteen

Edmond coughs loudly and the doctor checks his lungs nodding to himself.

"seems you have an infection and a bad one at that. you need to continue to take the medication we prescribed to you, my lord..."

The doctor shows scans on a board and motions to it.

"now it shows the beginning of pneumonia if you waited any longer this could have been bad especially with your, well your situation..."

Edmond makes a face and the doctor steps back as he nods his head.

"I, I met no offense my lord, but the AIDs virus is very, very serious, but with our medication, and our treatments you will live a fine and long life. the main focus is getting rid of your infection and treating you.."

The doctor stares over Edmond and Edmond remains quiet as the doctor begins to speak.

"Ed, I have known you since you were a child, you're a fine king, a fine man, you have a son to think about, and Hannah she, she would want you to do the right thing..."

Edmond gets up off the exam table and motions to the doctor.

"order the medication, I will take it."

the doctor stands in front of him and shakes his head.

"it is not that easy, the plateau we have rules here. You are sick and you will have to stay till you are stable..."

A nurse walks in, but stops and eyes Edmond and bows her head.

"I, I'm sorry my lord.."

She closes the door and Edmond shakes his head.

"is everyone scared here?"

The doctor nods his head staring over Edmond.

"your not exactly subtle Edmond, murdering thousands. People aren't the same as out there here we have rules, laws, people just don't kill."

Edmond laughs out as he speaks firmly.

"that's because you're weak, you're stuck in the old ways..."

The doctor remains quiet and Edmond motions around.

"in your officers, with your cars, and your skyscrapers."

Edmond feels weak and sits back into a chair as the doctor takes out a light and shines it into his eyes.

"My lord I am an O'Sullivan just like you and will always hold the corporation in high regard much as you may hate the old world you are stuck in it for at least a month."

the man taps Edmond's leg and smiles at him.

"doctors orders..."

The doctor leaves and a woman opens the door as she looks over Edmond and comments.

"we, well, we need payment..."

Edmond stands and the woman backs up motioning down a hall.

"at the front desk..."

She walks away and Edmond looks after her annoyed as he walks to the front desk and the woman without looking asks.

"How will you be paying today.."

He sighs loudly and the woman looks up fixing her glasses as she smiles at the man.

"lord Edmond it has been a while"

He pulls up his sleeve revealing a barcode on his wrist and motions to it.

"direct transfer..."