Chapter Thirty-Five

Archibald sits in the bathing pool as a servant wipes him down and he hears a voice.

"Archibald?"

He looks eyeing his wife and she comments staring him down as she motions to the servant who walks away. she takes over washing his back and whispers.

"I heard the news the fields of the Nair clan brunt, the crops dead, and your uncle."

"We do not know his fate."

She washes his back softly eyeing the old scars and remains silent as her husband does the same. Esa washes his back softly running the cloth over his flesh and he leans back staying quiet as his wife asks.

"Are you worried?"

She stops her motion and Archibald remains quiet and Esa starts washing his back again as they both remain quiet. She leans forward and whispers.

"I, I did not want to marry you at first. I was afraid of you archer." 

Esa stops herself and thinks over her words carefully.

"I have seen nothing but kindness in you for your people."

Archibald remains quiet and leans forward hugging her husband tightly as she whispers.

"I love you."

Esa kisses the top of her husbands head and holds him tightly as she whispers.

"you do not have to be strong for me."

Archibald wipes his eyes and whispers.

"I worry he is dead."

Esa kisses Archibald's neck softly and runs the clot along his body as she whispers.

"it will be alright."

Archibald leans forward and kisses his wife roughly as Lady Wynn stands off in the distance eyeing the scene but stiffens feeling a hand on her back and hears the whisper.

"You are jealous?"

She remains still feeling the comforting and firm hand on her back and the figure wearing the skeletal mask whispers again asking.

"You are jealous?"

Lady Wynn flinches and the man asks.

"of what?"

She watches her half brother hold his wife and the man behind her runs his hands along the woman's body and she stiffens as the man behind her pressed up against her. The man's strong hands held her arms tightly and she admits.

"I love him."

The Galvin brushes some of Lady Wynn's hair away from her face and states.

"you remaining here will cause issues to this throne."

Lady Wyn flinches feeling the man's hand press hard into her neck and the man shoves her into a wall. She stares up breathing hard at the taller man and he nods to her glancing her over as she asks.

"what do you want me to do?"

The Galvin shakes his head disagreeing as he slowly runs his hands along Lady Wynn's back.

"I do not want. I order."

He traces her face with his hand and she remains still as the Galvin presses against her. Lady Wynn flinches but he pushes against her whispering.

"do not deny me."

Lady Wynn stands still as the man presses against her keeping her in place and she stares away as he demands.

"do not look away from me."

He presses against her and she whispers.

"please."

The Galvin stares her over and whispers into her ear.

"This will be our consummation."

She remains quiet feeling the Galvin press into her as she remains still pressed into the wall. she feels her body go warm as he pushes into her again. Lady Wynn stays there still as the man continues and she eyes a few peasants standing there watching. soon Lord Galvin stops and backs away from her as he demands.

"We leave for Galvin"

"if I refuse." She falls against the wall as the man smacks her demanding.

"You will not."

Lady Wynn holds her face and the man leans towards her staring the younger woman over and laughs as he comments.

"you a reaper's wife now you should be honored. it is the highest form of royalty in the monarchy. we answer directly to the Galvin throne. we are feared and honored by every kingdom and now you are my wife."

"I do not even know your name."

The man removes his ask and lady wynn eyes his dark blond hair and dark brown eyes. he turns his head and stares down his new bride.

"Knox Galvin."

Knox brings up his hand showing the girl his Galvin ring as he taunts his new wife with it and demands.

"kiss it."

Lady Wynn stares it down and comments as she stares over the scary Galvin.

"my brother will never agree to it-"

"he already has." Knox smiles down to the younger woman and motions to his ring.

"This can be good for you if it is good for me."

She leans down kissing the ring and the man closes his eyes smiling to himself. she releases the kiss and stares up at the reaper as he nods to her.

"my wife please get ready for our trip."

Lady Wynn keeps her head bowed to the man and walks by him as he follows behind her keeping his new bride in his sight. she goes into a room and asks unsure.

"is Galvin cold?"

"only the royals" he laughs at his answer and comment to the girl as he stares her down.

"Dorian, my father is quite a strong personality. so, I would recommend keeping your mouth tight my lady when we are within his hall."