Chapter Thirty

Alvis turns eyeing the navy blue clothing with some gold mixed in and hears a voice.

"Lord Galvin." Alvis turns back and a peasant places down some water as she states 

"We are sorry we don't have more but the Bullard clan has always been quite poor" Alvis takes the water eyeing how dirty it is and glances up to the peasant as she looks to the floor and then she looks up happily seeing the wealthy prince in her sight.

"Lady Bullard will be so excited to see a Galvin prince at her ceremony."

"yes, and what happened to her brother?"

"killed in a raid by the dark death." Alvis nods his head and places down the dirty water off to the side not touching it. He fixes his clothing, wipes his hands and motions to the woman.

"I guess it is time..." the peasant nods to the Galvin and keeps her head bowed as he walks by her and down the long hallway.  he stops and turns to the announcer who raises an eyebrow surprised.

"A, A Galvin?" the man stutters and Alvis nods to the man as Alvis states. "Alvis Galvin to be exact." the man takes off his hat showing respect and lowers his head.

"I, I had no idea a Galvin would be here, I am so, so sorry. I would have hired a proper announcer it's just the cost is so high." Alvis motions to the man.

"then do your best." the man steps out announcing loudly.

"all hear, all hear. I give you Lord Galvin, Lord Alvis Galvin crowned prince of Galvin."

the girl glances up eyeing Lord Galvin step into the room. he fixes his clothing and nods his head to the queen shaking her hand and the queen motions.

"my, my husband is the announcer..."

"We have been acquainted already." Alvis nods his head and walks forward eyeing the girl whose ceremony it is. He bows his head kissing the girl's ring.

"Princess Bullard?" the girl curtseys to prince Alvis and nods to him.

"I, I saw your battle with Edmond. it was very impressive."

"I lost." Alvis turns his head and the girl nods her head looking to the floor as Alvis sates.

"but it was indeed a good fight." Alvis leans down again kissing her ring and walks off joining the few other boys there. he stares them down noticing how poor they are and turns back fixing his clothes showing his superiority to the others in the room. Lady Bullard walks up to Alvis and motions to him aksing.

"would you be my first dance?" Alvis nods his head and takes the girl's hand dancing with her elegantly around the floor. her parents look on nodding their heads as her mother leans to her husband.

"could you imagine our daughter in a Galvin wedding?"

"no." her husband states coldly and stares down Alvis worried as he is surprised a Galvin showed up. Alvis pulls lady Bullard close to him and dances slowly as he asks.

"How did the Bullard clan lose their money again?"

"nobody comes this far east anymore." Alvis pulls her close as he asks.

"so it wasn't the debts owed to the Galvins?"

"debts?" she asks sounding surprised and Alvis turns his head as he nods to her.

"were you not aware?" he turns her around dipping her slowly, elegantly and turns her back dancing slowly as she shakes her head.

"I was not aware of debts."