Chapter Twenty-Three

Knox fixes his armor and lady wynn stares him over as she asks.

"where do you go for days?"

"out..." Knox fixes his white armor and lady wynn turns her head examining it.

"why in armor though?"

"Galvin business."

Lady Wynn stares her husband over and he leans forward kissing her lips as he comments.

"do not ask so many questions." Knox motions back and fixes his hair feeling his hands shake with pain and lady wynn notices as she asks.

"who is your business with this time?"

"I am just heading some negotiations for the reapers..."

"where?" Knox turns his head and lady wynn turns her hed as she asks.

"I may not have had a say in this marriage but you are my husband and if I am left widowed"

"then you will be well taken care of. you are a Galvin wife." he leans down and kisses her as he states.

"We take care of our family."

"can you just answer me. why do you always dress for war?"

"because we are in a war."

Knox turns back to Lady wynn and she asks.

"With who?"

"the Galvins are greedy and selfish my wife. we always want more then what we get and everyone wants that throne."

"you're fighting each other?"

"in a way, yes."

"you are family. that is stupid."

"now you sound like Alvis." Knox motions back and states to the girl.

"you won't complain if you get to be queen, will you?" he turns back and lady wynn turns her head as Knox smirks and motions to her.

"the gleam in your eyes when I said that. I knew I chose my wife well."

lady wynn gets off the bed and walks over to her husband helping him fix his armor and glances up as she states.

"at least if your going to do something stupid at least look like a  Galvin when you do it." he smirks down to his wife and she turns her head as she asks outright.

"so which city do you march on?"

"do not worry yourself."

"you are my husband. so, I worry, which city?"

"a small clan the O'Donalds have overstepped themselves in trying to negotiate with the true king. I have been ordered to purge their clan."

"purge?" 

Knox fastens his helmet on and turns back to his wife as he bows his head.

"the full purge of the O'Donalds will commence tomorrow morning."

**************************************************************************************

Lady wynn hand shaking knocks on the door and hears a voice.

"enter." she fixes her clothing and walks into the room and eyes the true king. slowly she gets to her knees and bows her head touching it to the floor as she does not speak.

"such respect." Ruck turns his head and asks.

"an O'Sullivan?"

"now a Galvin."