Chapter Fourteen

Archibald lays in his bed feeling the girl cuddle up next to him as she speaks.

"My lord, the tales do not lie about you..."

He shoves the girl to the side and she pushes back from the force of his push but smiles at him. Archibald motions to the door as he lays back.

"see yourself out..."

She lays there next to him commenting.

"already?"

He motions to the door and comments.

"I am sure you can find ways to be useful, but I have had enough of you today Nolan..."

She stares down her new king and comments sounding angry.

"it is Nova..."

He motions to the door as he demands.

"out..."

She crawls into his lap and softly kisses his lips as she whispers.

"but my king there is so much more we can do..."

Archibald begins laughing at the girl and motions to the door.

"I paid your debt, but your quite a boring girl."

He pokes her nose and grabs her firmly as he stares her down.

"that is all, now, you can go be useful to this throne, or I can slit your throat and send you home..."

He pokes her nose again as he laughs to himself and lays back motioning to the door.

"out..."

She gets off of him and screams at him raising her voice loud.

"you're a dog!"

She goes to throw something at him but he rolls and pushes forward gripping her by the neck and shoving her into a wall. He squeezes her neck hard and she chokes out trying to fight the man but she can't. She chokes out hard trying to pull at his wrist and feels her eyes burning as she tries to speak. Archer smiles to himself as he whispers.

"Nolan's are all the same aren't you?"

He squeezes harder and her feet gilt as she tries to fight back as he whispers.

"I'll be sure to return you to your parents..."

She tries pushing him away but he pushes against her as he whispers.

"I haven't had this much fun since the crane wars..."

The girl tries to scratch at his face but slowly her hands lose their strength and she looks up at her king but a voice behind him gets his attention.

"archer..."

He loses his grip around the girl and she falls to the floor gasping for air.  Archer looks back at his sister, she stares him over and shakes her head.

"the servants heard yells.."

Archibald looks down at his hands seeing how red they are and smiles to himself as he motions back to his sister.

"just remind the help of their place.."

Lady Wynn comes up to her brother's side and motions to the girl on the floor.

"Nova..."

She motions her head to Nova, and slowly Nova crawls by the two O'Sullivan's and out the door. Archer watches amused at the scared Nolan and comments.

"Nolan's are such weak pests. We should just wipe them out..."

Lady Wynn slaps her brother's arm but keeps her hand there staring at the scars on Archibald's body as Archibald smiles to himself, and comments.