Chapter Thirty

Lord Crane walks down the halls of castle Nolan as he whistles to himself, but he stops eyeing a peasant run down the hall in what looks like fear. King Crane stands there staring after the boy but watches one of his guards come down the hall and take a knee sounding out of breath as he whispers out.

"sire...i...."

the man breaths out catching his air as he speaks.

"The Galvins, lord Galvin, the eldest son is here in the throne room."

King Crane feels his blood rush as his heart races and he asks.

"why, did he say why?"

The man shakes his head still trying to catch his breath as he speaks firmly to his lord.

"my...lord, he does not seem pleased."

Lord crane walks by the man and the man comments.

"don't piss him off!"

The man stares after his king as Crane takes a left and walks down the hall and into a door coming into the throne room. He hears the voice loud and laughing.

"yes, yes I do like this throne it's larger than ours why is that?"

A peasant girl standing next to Lord Galvin comments.

"bigger frames my lord?"

Alvis stares up at the peasant girl and he burst out laughing as he comments.

"the old Lord Nolan was a fat shit wasn't he?"

The girl frowns looking down as she hears Lord Galvin laugh and Lord Crane comes to a stop taking a quick knee and bowing his head staying on his knee.

"Lord Galvin there was no word of your coming I would have made preparations."

Galvin sits back staring down Crane as he asks.

"would you have?"

Lord crane nods his head lying to the powerful man.

"why of course the first city, the Galvins-"

Alvis comments putting up his finger shutting up lord Crane.

"own the monarchy, don't we?"

Lord crane remains on one knee and Alvis motions down as he mocks crane.

"a little lower crane both knees as should be down before my father as so I deserve. don't I?"

Crane lowers his other knee as he motions to Glavin and asks.

"is this good my lord?"

Glavin smirks as he gets up from the throne and walks around Crane examining him as he begins speaking.

"as I hear the Nolan throne stands contested."

Lord crane corrects the man.

"so you hear wrong. I own this throne and this clan."

Alvis stops as he pushes his hands together and Crane examines the long navy blue robe of the Galvin clan and the finely crafted sword placed at the man's waist. he looks back down hearing Galvin.

"but yet you are not a Nolan which as per the rules of lineage you are not entitled."

Lord crane corrects him.

"I have married Hannah Nolan."

Lord Galvin stares down Crane and speaks firmly.

"it has been contested."