Chapter Two

The Queen sits on her throne and feels the hand placed on her shoulder as she grips her own around it and whispers.

"Thank you, brother-" 

She glances up eyeing his mask so no one can see his identity and she smiles up to him and looks out at the small arena as the crowd begins pouring in. She takes a deep breath awaiting the sirens but hears loud jets and looks up eyeing the old military jets fly overhead and whispers.

"The Reapers..."

the crowds all cheer in amazement at the technology as the jets toss and turn in the air and the queen smiles hearing Alvis whisper to her.

"Today my Queen will mark the day of the absolute Galvin monarchy..."

She grips Alvis's hand lovingly and whispers.

"Our wedding will commence after the duels tonight. then if Edmond should prove worthy today tomorrow you will be the one brother to bear my name in battle as my husband."

She grips his hand tightly and Alvis smiles knowingly under his mask as he whispers.

"with honor love."

The sirens blare and the meets overhead calm and fly off back in the direction of their home. the queen smiles up and raises from her throne as she looks out at the now full stadium.

"My king, my queens, my princes, princesses, my ladies, lords and all who are welcome in Galvin city. today is a historic day, a day the Galvin's throne stands contested and all those who wish to claim will endure today, the wrath of the Reapers!"

The audience cheers but the Queen raises her hand and the silence of the voice as she announces. "we have two who stand to contest this throne, house shaw, and the old house O'Sullivan. if any of the houses wish to send forward a challenge to this throne you have time to do so as the rest period starts now. send your warriors in or spectate if you wish, the battle for this throne starts by the mid sun."

She sits slowly and he cheers erupt showing her respect and she hears Alvis in her ear.

"The Shaw's sent someone to contest?"

"yes, they try to play for the throne-"

"But why? they are peaceful, all they do is dance and write songs and books"

"goods and desperation all want the throne and many have the blood of Dorian, he spread his seed sickeningly wide among the whores of every clan. if the clans were smart they built up the Galvin's in their house and trained them right but still..."

She drags her words and glances up to Alvis.

"they are not the city Galvins and they do not realize the technology they face. we do not live simplistic lives and we are no fools to the real world"

"what are you planning?" Alvis speaks sounding intrigued by his sister and she smiles wisely as she whispers. 

"we will do quick work of the other clans so this does not drag on. then Edmond will have his fair chance, the O'Sullivans are the only other clan that deserves a fair chance, would you not agree?"

"I agree my lady."

"the duels for him will be just and fair. he will show his skill but when it comes to your turn, Alvis, use the full weapons that are available to you-"

"my lady?" Alvis says sounding concerned.

"shield and all Alvis. if he wants this monarchy he will have to learn more about it, all of it." 

She turns her head watching the shaw take a knee on the field and turns her head staring him down.

"poor boy thinks he has a chance. send Knox in first let's do away with this disgrace."