Chapter Eleven

Ruck sits on his throne overlooking the guards and they stay on their knees as he demands.

"anyone, anyone who defies my monarchy, my rule will be slaughtered!"

"let go!" young lady Galvin is pushed forward and Ruck turns his head as he demands.

"where is Alvis!"

"ruck..." Ruck steps towards her and she steps back lowering her head as he demands.

"king Galvin is how I will be referred to...." he raises his hand and his younger sister nods her head understanding.

"my king Galvin Alvis is not in Galvin he is on the plateau ordered by the Queen..."

"well, the queen is of no concern to me anymore. she will stay locked in that room as she locked me in that room. she tried to take what was mine but I, I am the king!" ruck yells it and all the soldiers in the room stay to their knees as he yells.

"I will destroy this city and everyone in it. if I have to rebuild one brick at a time to ensure there is no more questioning me I will do it..."

Ruck steps up to his younger sister and demands

"when your dear Alvis comes to my city you send him here. I wish for him to beg at my feet.." 

"as you say-"

"It won't be necessary..." Alvis walks in still in a white Galvin suit and Ruck turns his head asking.

"still in those clothes?" Avlis glances down but quickly gets to a knee bowing his had.

"my king I saw Galvin was burning and felt I was needed here and not there"

"there was a minor disagreement between me and the queen."

"minor?" Alvis lifts his eyes and ruck nods his head with a small smirk.

"she thought I would beg at her feet, that I would do as she wished but I am king, and I am Galvin-"

"yes, yes you are brother..." Alvis keeps his head bowed and speaks firm.

"may we have a closed throne, brother." Alvis asks lifting his eyes and Ruck turns his head but nods agreeing as he motions out.

"everyone, clear this room, now!" Ruck demands and all the men, peasants and soldiers run out leaving the room empty with just Alvis and his brother Ruck. Alvis turns his head as he asks outright.

"you used the jets on our own people?"    

"of course I did..." Ruck nods sure of his actions and motions to Alvis.

"I was with your for years at your feet, a beggar, a nothing, a worthless Galvin but I saw what you saw, I heard what you heard and I learned what I could do"

Alvis keeps his head bowed still showing his king respect and Ruck turns his head with a smile.

"and now you will serve me..." Ruck lifts his arm as he motions to his undone sleeve.

"what are you waiting for Alvis?" Ruck grins and Alvis gets to his feet and reaches forward fixing Ruck's sleeve as ruck speaks freely to his brother. 

"I served you well, never questioned anything you did." Ruck takes a deep breath and stares down Alvis and asks him.

"Can I trust you?" Alvis lifts his eyes and keeps fixing Ruck's sleeve as Alvis speaks freely to his brother.

"being a king is a heavy burden. one you know I never wanted. you know I was never working to be the king. I was working for his respect." Alvis keeps fixing ruck's sleeve and eyes it over as Ruck asks.

"what do you think I should do about the queen?" Ruck asks and Alvis glances up commenting.

"There are only two choices-"

"yes, but which would you choose?"

Alvis remains quiet and ruck asks.

"Alvis..." Alvis nods his head hearing Ruck and looks up to him.

"clean up your mess as Dorian would..."

"kill her?" Ruck asks sounding unsure and Alvis lifts his eyes.

"you can get a new wife. she will keep playing for the throne which is why you should also make sure to keep the Reapers as is..."

"you want to keep control of them?" Ruck asks and Alvis lifts his eyes and shakes his head.

"no, I wish to remain in Galvin as your hand.."

Ruck laughs staring down his brother and asks.

"why would i-"

"you are fresh other clans will see that and take advantage but I was trained and born for this. I can help you, we are brothers...."

Rucks steps towards Alvis who lowers his head afraid of the king and ruck comments.

"so you can play for the throne?"

"you know I don't want this, it's far too much work. I quite enjoy the luxury of not being a king. I ask to keep my title, let me have my freedom. I swear I will serve your monarchy relentlessly as I did for our father...."

Ruck stares down his brother and Alvis steps forward.

"you as the king is far better than her as Queen"

"why were you on the plateau?" Ruck asks staring down Alvis as Alvis states.

"a new proclamation was being voted upon"

"what was the proclamation?" ruck asks and Alvis shifts his eyes as he states.

"giving noblewoman the right to vote" 

"and what occurred?"

Alvis takes a deep breath and ruck ass.

"Alvis, what occurred?"

"it did not pass..." Alvis states and ruck sits back in his throne and nods his head and understands.

"It wasn't the right time-"

"It was a perfect time, ruck- my king..." Alvis corrects himself and stares his brother down and ruck shakes his head.

"if it was Alvis. it would have passed."

Alvis bows his head and remains quiet as ruck motions out.

"Leave me if you want to severe then we will make you serve..."