Chapter Seventeen

The helicopter lands on the plateau and Archibald gets out eyeing the AI in front of him as she nods.

"the 8 will convene in an hour..."

Archibald ignores the machine and stares at the landing area taking in the sight as the AI speaks but he motions to her.

"shut up..."

She closes her mouth and Archibald looks around eyeing the buildings and the cars rushing by. He eyes the soldiers with their guns and the patches of his clan as one salutes him and he motions forward.

"lead me"

the solider looks to him afraid and motions to the AI.

"I am sure your assistant sire can lead you..."

he glances back at the machine and shakes his head disagreeing.

"no, I wish for a human escort..."

Archibald waves the AI away as he demands.

"leave me."

she stands still and Archibald again motions to her.

"I said you are not needed..."

The woman stands there looking around as she comments.

"my lord it is required all royals have AI escorts to monitor your health, predict safety measures and of course protect you if anything should occur. we are expandable while humans..."

she stares down the soldier and nods to him.

"humans are precious beings, fragile beings..."

Archibald stares over the AI and nods to her as he states.

"section 503 says I have the right to deny AI escort and I deny it in place of a human escort..."

the woman takes out a tablet and walks up to Archibald as she states.

"the corporation highly recommends you reconsider my lord. I can monitor you at all times, and ensure you are safe while the human cannot..."

Archibald signs an agreement and nods to her as he states.

"I'll take my chances..."

he walks off with the human escort and the AI presses an earpiece staring down archer as she comments.

"he denied my service. I will monitor him from a distance and ensure he doesn't act poorly..."

Archibald asks the guard as he walks beside him.

'is she behind us?"

the guard glances back holding his machine gun at the ready.

"aye, sir..."

Archibald rolls his eyes and walks with the military escort down the block as the escort comments.

"we could take a car sir it's a lot safer and-"

Archibald shakes his head as he comments.

"no technology. we walk to the location and keep walking."

They are stopped by a young girl who looks up to Archibald and the girl cuteys at him. She smiles up to her king as she holds out a small bracelet and smiles.

"for you..."

he takes the bracelet and smiles down at the girl noticing her prosthetic arm and the guard next to him whispers.

"her family was in the recent bombings..."

Archibald kneels down and nods to the girl.

"thank you..."