Chapter Seventeen

Hannah Nolan stares out the window eyeing the garden and sighs to herself as she hears Edmond who comes up behind her.

"my wife." she turns staring Edmond down drenched in black armor and shakes her head questioning.

"they said you rode with an army? it looked like you were preparing for battle. where did you go?"

"to negotiate. that is all." he leans down kissing Hannah and she asks sounding worried.

"why do you need to do that in armor?"

"in case they aim for my heart." he pounds his fist into his chest with a laugh and Hannah rolls her eyes.

"who did you negotiate with?"

"The Shaws."

Hannah sounding upset raises her voice "you rode on shaw city? in armor, on horses, and with weapons?"

she lowers her voice.

"they are kind people-" Hannah states standing her ground unafraid of her love. 

"as they like to appear."  Edmond motions to his wife and lowers his voice.

"but appearances can deceive Hannah."

"are you trying to say the shaws are not good people?"

"of course not. thy are docile because they are ordered to be. not because they wish to be. So, I offered them a deal."

"and what occurred?" she snaps back and Edmond raises an eyebrow as he states outright.

"they of course accepted."

she leans up kissing her husband

"Edmond the master negotiator.  that is a way better name-"

"not really. it sounds horrible Hannah." she frowns and walks back to the window as she asks staring out at the garden with a smile.

"are you staying?" she keeps her eyes fixed on the garden and Edmond comments back as he slowly removes his armor placing the pieces down.

"for the night. I need to travel up to Nair territory check on my cousin. he is a young king, a fresh king after his brother got ill..." 

Hannah steps up to him speaking softly.

"I have waited so many years to have you Edmond and now that I do you are never here." Edmond grips her hands as he looks down into his wife's eyes. he slowly brings up his hand and places it to her heart.

"aye, Hannah you are mistaken. I am always here.." he taps his palm over her heart and she rolls her eyes.

"you always use that line, since we were children,"

he smirks and comments.

"because it always works." she smiles wide and hears Edmond.

"aye, what is that, a smile from the tough queen Nolan?"

"it's O'Sullivan Ed..." she smiles and he nods his head agreeing.

"aye yes my bride." she motions to the window and asks.

"Should we take a walk in the garden?"

"the garden?" Edmond says sounding surprised and she turns her head with a smile.

"aye, king O'Sullivan. I thought a walk in the garden would be a nice vacation for you."

she leans close to her husband and whispers.

"perhaps you can stay more than a night, Ed?" he turns his head tempted as his wife slowly pulls down her dress straps and he shakes his head disagreeing.