Chapter Twelve

Mila kneels before her father and hears his voice get loud.

"how, how could this happen!"

Hannah stands next to Mila and her father puts up his hand silencing his daughter before she can defend her sister.

"not a word Hannah nothing can save Mila from this fate. She has tainted herself, given herself before her day and now none will lay with this, this taint..."

Mila flinches feeling her father slap her and Hannah bends down next to her sister as her father demands.

"who, who did this to you?"

Hannah stands beside her sister and stares up to her father trying to persuade her father to help her sister.

"father, it was a young mistake."

King Nolan's face grows stern staring down Hannah as he plays with his ring commenting.

"like your mistake? The mistake you made with the Edmond boy. how did that turn out for you Hannah?"

Hannah shifts her eyes to the ground and King Nolan comments mocking his daughter.

"it is well known throughout the monarchy Edmond preferred a more how do I put it firm type."

King Nolan laughs and Hannah keeps quiet as her father mocks her.

"you waited years for him to make your sons legitimate and they deserved it, but what did he do when you asked Hannah?"

Mila looks to her sister and Hannah stares down at the floor as King Nolan turns to his younger and asks firmly.

"so, I ask now who's child do you bare Mila?"

Hannah interrupts her father and looks to her sister.

"Father, there is another option. The Nair's, they, they could take care of this problem."

King Nolan stares down his elder daughter and she nods her head.

"they have the technology and the connections to the plateau..."

Hannah looks to Mila and back to her father.

"no one father has to know. the Nair's have always been discrete. They just need payment."

King Nolan waves his daughters away and Hannah grips her sister walking out with her as she comments.

"when asked next who's child you say it is Prince Nair's"

Mila stops putting her hand on her stomach and looks to her sister commenting.

"you, you had two children with Edmond?"

Hannah looks to the floor and back to her sister.

"it was complicated we don't discuss such things."

Hannah drags Mila down the hall with her as some servants pass them by and she whispers to Mila.

"when father asks you say it is Prince Nair's. the Nair's will want it taken care of and it will be done quickly. They don't like to keep their bastards, especially after what happened with Octavius Nair"

Mila stops questioning.

"who is Octavius Nair?"

Hannah sighs and moves her sister, so they continue walking down the hall and she comments.

"the first Nair line was from Samuel Nair, but Samuel Nair was quite the ladies man. he had many mistresses during his reign and many bastards one of those was Octavius Nair."