𝓼𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂 𝓽𝔀𝓸

Arabella gently hummed as she cradled her children in her arms, she glared at them with teary eyes knowing fully that this could be her last time ever seeing them, ever holding them and it killed her

She didn't want to leave them, she admittedly didn't even want to fight anymore, the thought of losing all of her family all her friends, her people.

She knew what the effect of finally seeing her mother would have on her, it would kill her in a literal way or not .. it would kill her.

She quickly glanced out the window noting the darkness that the night held, it was as though the gods above knew the events that would take place tonight. They could only help by perfectly setting the tone.

She sighed breathing in the scent of her two children and turned gladly facing Iona, she lay a gently hand on her sons cheek and inhaled "I love you always my sweet babies."

She kissed each one before handing them over to Sansa and Arya "Goodluck." Sansa hummed, cradling Robbie tightly while Arya awkwardly held Dove, all girls let out a small laugh at the sight.

"Never held a babe?" Iona laughed, Arya tensed.

"Not this small." She whispered stroking her nieces cheek "It's so... Soft..."

"Goodluck again, I will pray. For you all." And with that farewell Sansa and Arya left the room.

"It's time." Iona said.

"Thankyou Iona. For being so brave. For working by my side. For believing everything I thought was worth." Iona sadly nodded taking Arabella's hand.

"It has been a pleasure. It has been a true pleasure to call myself your kings guard.. or queens guard?" The two girls laughed.

Arabella took in the sweet sound and grinned, if only this night could stay as sweet as it was.

<>

Arabella gripped onto her sword tightly the valerian steel glistening against the flames of the fire, she ran a finger along the silver "You know I was hesitant on gifting you that sword" Jaime announced from the door "I didn't get my valerian steel for a while, I was always tempted to steal yours, almost everyone was against the idea of a female holding a pure sword but I knew, you and I knew that you would have been forever grateful."

She turned towards him smiling softly "I don't blame you, it's gorgeous, truly and I will forever be grateful Jaime, always."

"I didn't want to come to admire your sword... The war is about to begin and i'm not so sure I will survive." With those words he pulled out a small parchment from behind his back handing it over to her hesitantly.

She slowly opened it freezing at the words that she read over and over, Jaime froze at her reaction his fears subsiding slightly so he could soothe her if necessary "Is this true? Did you know?"