The Blind Banker: Chapter 3

The three of you caught a cab to the bank, then Sherlock led the two of you inside, looking around the grand building. He'd taken you and John to Shad Sanderson, an investment bank. You wondered what you could possibly be doing there. It wasn't like Sherlock was going to come and try to get someone to invest in something, so he must know someone here. That didn't surprise you as he had connections to many people.

The entrance was a giant, swivel door made almost entirely from glass, along with most of the building. There were escalators that led up to different floor levels and a giant desk that stretched across the second level. Digital clocks hung up above the escalators, they had the times for London, Hong Kong, and New York. People bustled about, some talking to the workers who sat behind the desk, others scanning their badges to get into restricted areas.

"Yes, when you said we were going to the bank..." John trailed off as he looked around, getting onto the escalator behind you and Sherlock. Once you three had reached the top, Sherlock approached the desk, walking confidently up to a lady with her dark, brown hair twisted into an elegant bun.

She looked up at Sherlock as he stated, "Sherlock Holmes."

***

You three were later led back into Sebastian's office, an old 'friend' of Sherlock's, apparently. You'd known you were here for someone he knew. As you waited, you quietly chatted to Sherlock about what you were doing there and he explained to you about the email he'd earlier received.

"So this is our next case? The one I'm going to beat you on." You blinked at him. At that, the two of you began bickering about who was going to win, while John sat annoyed beside Sherlock. Suddenly, midway through your and Sherlock's bickering, Sebastian walked into the office to greet the three of you.

"Sherlock Holmes!" He grinned at Sherlock as he entered the room. You studied him, crossing your arms as you looked over him. He was a very irritating looking man, with a snobby smile and perfectly slicked back chestnut hair. Not to mention his extremely expensive taste in clothing. You already weren't a fan of him.

"Sebastian." Sherlock nodded, monotone.

"How are you, buddy? How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you?" Sebastian immediately annoyed you, he was very obviously an arrogant man, based on the way he walked into the room like he was the centre of attention and, again, his clothing and the way he held himself told you he loved to brag about how rich he was. He was wearing a very top of the line suit and a new Breitling watch. You crossed your arms, staring at the man as he made his way towards his desk.

"These are my friends, John Watson," Sherlock motioned to John, "and Y/N Y/L/N." Sherlock introduced you. You pondered what Sherlock meant by friend. Was he serious? Did he actually consider you and John friends? Friends weren't of the utmost subject in which you understood, but you believed them to both be your friends. Sherlock had done a lot for you in the past couple cases you'd worked on together.

"'Friends?'" Sebastian asked, looking very shocked. He glanced over to you, "Don't tell me you got a girlfriend too- and a pretty one at that."

You glanced at Sherlock. Somewhere inside of you, you longed to make this man jealous and realize Sherlock wasn't who he believed he was. He clearly didn't think Sherlock could make friends with anybody, let alone a girlfriend. You both stayed quiet at his words.

"I'm a colleague." John quickly said, crossing his arms. You glanced irritability at him. He couldn't even stand up for Sherlock? They'd been living together for months and he still wasn't declaring himself as a friend? Was he embarrassed to be associated with Sherlock? Or was it the intelligence thing? You'd made John upset hadn't you? Oh well.