Zero Motivation: The Guy with Cloud Envy!

You look down at the fallen Shikamaru and it took a while before the crowd go against it and throws food and trash. Shikamaru lies flat on the ground without moving a muscle.

"Naruto! Are you trying to knock him out before he even competes? You can't throw him off the railing like that." You scold Naruto
"Well, I had to do something the crowd was getting hissy. Come on, come on Shikamaru! You gonna start sometime this year!" Naruto said

Temari rushes to Shikamaru before they start the match. He pulled out two kunai knives as Temari slammed her giant fan on the ground, you look at the smash dust and raise an eyebrow. When the dust cleared, Shikamaru was above Temari standing on his kunai. Temari angrily swings her mighty fan revealing her three purple moons imprint on it. As the dust again clears, Shikamaru was nowhere to be found hidden in the shadow of the trees; Temari shielded herself with her fan and face towards a tree in the distance. You could see Ino cheering for her lazy teammate.

"What the hell is he doing back there?" You questioned yourself, you look at Narutos' enter and exit dirt pits still there from his turn.
"Get your butt in gear! Let's go, Shikamaru!" Naruto shouted

"I'm tired of waiting. Ninja Art: Wind Scythe Jutsu!" Temari opens her fan and swings it creating a massive gust. You could see Shikamaru blocking her attack and scratching up, breaking the tree branches. The wind storm blows up to the audience. You cover your eyes.

Just as the wind cools down in the dust, Shikamaru activated his shadow possession jutsu, Temari sees it coming and jumps back to the point his shadow possession came up short, Temari marks how far it reached with her fan.

"Now I get it. You almost got me there. Boy, aren't you clever? With that Shadow Possession Jutsu of yours, you could manipulate any shadow you're in. The Wall Shadow for instance. But there's a limit, isn't there? No matter how thin you stretch it, it will only reach so far. Isn't that right?" Temari deduced the secret behind Shikamaru's Shadow Jutsu

Just then, Shikamaru sat down sulking in the shadows, and push his hands together making an upside-down 'O'.

"What's that a handsign?"

"No, not a hand sign. It's more of something like a habit. That kid, he's like an old man. He likes to take things slowly. I mean slowly. That's why he's so good at playing games like Go and Shogi. He's always challenging me to a match. Whenever he gets stuck in a move, he does that thing with his hands."

"What does it mean?"

"He's working on a strategy. All the times we played and I could never beat him."

"Assuming that's fine. But this is a fight it's nothing like Go or Shogi."

"Strategy on a game board is no different than strategy in a field of battle and all the great generals know it. Shikamaru has a mind of a great general."