6

A WEEK LATER

It was nearing the time of departure, and I was fixing my work clothes.

I was simply wearing a white long-sleeved blouse, black bodycon skirt. I unbuttoned the first button of my blouse, I was in such a rush I didn't even realise that my blouse was buttoned to the top.

It was not a look to say the least, I looked like an idiot.

I cleared my throat, practicing my facial expressions before heading towards a building full of entitled billionaires who nonstop yap about useless things and suggestions.

Dear lord, what did I do to deserve a job like this?

Nonetheless, I shook my head free of these thoughts and head out of the bathroom, Mr Jang waiting for me outside of his office.

We head towards his car after leaving the company building.

"I can't believe I actually have a scheduled meeting with Mr Park. Do you understand what this means for us as a company?" He giggled like a little child, despite being well in his late thirties.

Each to their own I guess.

"Mm, I know." I just agreed with him, giving a light smile.

As a twenty four year old, this job was certainly taking years off my life, already, I felt like I was pushing sixties. And I was quite far from that.

I looked out of the window as we crossed a bridge, across water. In the distance, a few jetskis could be seen drifting across the waters, it looked like so much fun. A quiet sigh emit from my lips, I'd kill to live a free life, not having to worry about bills to pay, or what silly CEO's I have to arrange meetings with the next day.

Oh to be sixteen again.

But, before I even knew it, we were already parked outside of the huge skyscraper, evidently displaying the wealth of the certain individual who owned this company.

Two body guards stood aside the door, logos of the company displayed almost everywhere.

We passed through the doors, heading into the main lobby - which too - was extravagant itself, and as I got caught up looking around the gorgeous interior design of a mere lobby, two workers ran up to us.

It was a young woman and a young man, probably around the same age as me. The two gave a deep bow as we gave a slight one, you could tell they weren't quite a secretary, or high up the ranks, maybe just average workers considering their clumsiness.

I remember the days when I started my first day in a company. It was horrible, I kept messing up at the slightest things trying to make a lasting impression on everybody.

I ended up just bringing drinks and food for people the day after my first day. That's how bad it went.

But, as time passed, I ascended the ladder and now, I was the closest member to the CEO.

"Come, up here." The woman guided us to a special elevator, reserved for quick access for higher ranks.

Damn, they even had special elevators for more important roles. Now that screamed rich.

We stepped into the elevator, the silence absolutely killing me. The elevator ride was quite long, considering how tall the building was, I wasn't really that surprise.

But the silence was so uncomfortable and heavy.

The doors eventually pinged open, and I have never been more grateful to be let out of a confined space like that before, maybe I'll just take the stairs, in heels.

They guided us to a room with a reception, it seemed like the waiting room for the CEO.

"Hello. CEO Jang, correct?" The receptionist flashed us a bright smile as she looked at her notepad.

"Yes, indeed." He responded as she ticked something off, pressing something on the keypad of the telephone and picking it up.

"Hello Mr Park, CEO Jang has arrived for your scheduled meeting." She seemed to be talking to the CEO, "Alright, I will pass the message along, thank you."

She looked up at us after ending the phone call, a smile on her face.

"He'll be out soon, please find yourself seated in the conference room. He won't be longer than five minutes." She pointed with her hand to a door not so far from the CEO's room.

We nodded, walking towards the room. I looked around their meeting room, it was real nice too. Damn, maybe I should work at this company instead.

I was about to sit down until Mr Jang asked something.

"Oh! Eunseo, could you please go and bring me my phone? I left it on the receptionist's desk." He asked of me, and I just wanted to roll my eyes and grumble, but instead, I gave him a smile, nodding and heading out of the room - back to the receptionist's desk.

She noticed me walk over, and slid the phone towards me with a chuckle.

"He made you get his phone, that he left?" She quietly chuckled as I rolled my eyes, wow, even the employees were better here too.

"Please, you should know the errands he makes me run sometimes." I sighed, taking the phone as she giggled.

The door of the CEO opened, and as he passed by me, a gust of wind full with cologne swarmed over me. I didn't see his face, but as I turned around, I saw the broad shoulders, large back, and assertive walk that meant business, head into the conference room.

His secretary clumsily ran behind, quickly heading inside.

I looked back at the two receptionists who had a slight tint of pink on their cheeks, holding their hands over their mouths.

"Oh my god, he's so fine." One of them fangirled.