EPILOGUE

FEW YEARS LATER

Our old high school was bought by Sunghoon.

And what'd you know, he refurbished it into a better looking school - but one that still possessed nostalgic qualities.

Over the time we began rebuilding and redoing the school, Sunghoon ensured to keep memorable things, such as our lockers.

He did not let anyone touch them, all the other lockers were changed into a newer ones - except two, that were directly beside each other, and had stickers plastered on them.

Those were ours, everytime I passed by the corridors to see how the new furnishing was looking like, I couldn't help but give a chuckle just staring at the blatantly obvious difference in lockers.

Same with desks, instead of throwing our desks out, he made sure to place them in a storage room, because he had attachment issues with my writing on his desk.

I found that funny too.

As for the piano? It had to be changed unfortunately.

The piano was out of tune, and very old for that matter, so there'd be no point in even tuning it and fixing it.

Sunghoon still insisted on the same kind of brand and model. A white, grand piano.

It was very subtle, most of the things anyways - clearly not the lockers - the new changes to the school were pretty drastic, but there still were subtle hints of our old high school, and I liked that.

It was a functioning, prospering high school with students that were just like us, and teachers that were like our old teachers.

It felt like a whole cyclical thing, as if I was watching my life replay again from the perspective of someone else.

It was midsummer, and the students were on break for the next few weeks, so the school was literally empty.

I patrolled among the corridors, there were going to be a few new installations in the building, so I just had to inspect on what else needs to be changed and so on.

I loved having my old high school back, I loved how Sunghoon did this, and most importantly, I love Sunghoon.

After checking on the first floor, I made my way up to the second floor.

But as I was about to take the last step to the top, a faint melody twirled among the corridors down to where I was.

I stopped, was someone in here? Did someone somehow break in?

I was hesitant at first to even walk up on here, maybe I should just call Sunghoon and tell him that there's something odd going on in here. But I shook that thought off, he was probably busy with his own company problems.

As I slowly made my way through the corridors, the melody grew louder and more prominent by the seconds.

The sun shone through the windows, illuminating the corridors with a sunkissed path.

I stopped again, just listening to the tune, and making sure it definitely came from this building - and also that I wasn't hearing things.

But no, I could faintly hear the soft tune, and a nostalgic pounding in my heart suddenly came back.

I stepped closer, and closer, following the lead of the beautifully crafted music, up until I reached the music room.

I stood by the door, staring at that one figure, sat on the piano and playing the most nostalgic song we share between us.