14

"Please don't ever put your Secretary - or Board of Directors even - in that position again, sincerely. It was awkward, and a very low move for you." I rolled my eyes, lowkey enjoying his company here.

It was weird seeing him grow into his facial features, and become such a guy that was taking the internet by the millions by doing a whole lot of nothing. And I was here completely turning him down? I bet many people would wish to be in my place.

"A very low move for me?" He raised his brow, leaning on the door frame as he looked down at me, "I suppose we'll see if you still think that for next time."

I furrowed my brows, looking back into his eyes.

"There will be no next time, is this all? I'm pretty busy, so I'd appreciate it if you could go." I snapped back at him.

"I thought you were on break for two days." He chuckled, and once again, I gave him a nasty glare, wondering where the hell he got this knowledge from.

"Are you stalking me or something? The hell?" I was actually in disbelief, it was really almost seeming like he was watching my every step.

"I don't think stalking would be the correct terminology, but let's just have it your way for argument's sake." Sunghoon gave another smug scoff, and I looked behind him, a familiar figure appearing outside of my house and approaching the steps.

I widened my eyes, and he looked back, wondering what was going on.

I grabbed him by the shirt, dragging him inside and pushing him into my room. He looked as panicked as I did.

"Don't you fucking dare touch anything, and don't even try and leave this room." I warned him, still holding him tightly by the front of his shirt.

He looked down, at my tight grasp. I loosened it, letting go and clearing my throat quietly. With that, I made my way out of the room, shutting the door and heading into my living room, expecting a knock any time soon.

And the knock eventually came.

I innocently opened the door with a wide smile as my mother looked around my house.

"Was there someone here?" She asked, looking around as if she could completely read the situation without even being present, "It smells very.. manly."

I looked at her, still giving her a wide smile. I was trying my best to be convincing.

"Whaaat? A man? No way." As the words left my mouth, I just realised how stupid it sounded.

"Hm. Really? It does smell pretty strong." She continued looking around and wandering around as I just begged for her to not come into my room.

My heart paced as she began opening doors to rooms, and as she looked at the door to my room, I redirected her attention.

"It's just a new fragrance I use around the house, anyways, what brings you here?" I chuckled lightly, bringing her back to the living room.

"Ah, just visiting my hardworking daughter. What, can I not do that anymore?" She joked, sitting down which eased my heartbeat massively.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." I rolled my eyes jokingly with a smile, "I have two days off from work, so I'm using it wisely."

"Mmm, it's about time you used up those breaks. I hate seeing you so exhausted Eunseo." She shook her head lightly, "You know, I heard that Park Sunghoon is some kind of famous guy now."

At the mention of his name, I rolled my eyes and the mood of the atmosphere immediately crashed. Really? She just had to mention his name while he was here?

"Okay. So?" I responded back with a little attitude.

"I'm just saying, it feels a bit crazy to know that you were best friends with him - til he became.." She looked around and gave a chuckle, "A little bitch."

A smile reappeared on my face as she said that, I gave a small laugh. Me and her were both on the same page with Sunghoon. I hated him for leaving me like that, and she hated him for hurting me like that.

Therefore we were both anti-Sunghoon.

"I guess so." I leant back, just wondering what the hell Sunghoon must be doing in my room right now. That guy is so spontaneous you never know.

"The day I see him, oh Eunseo. It's gonna be over for him, Park Pharmaceutical's money won't even save him from the wrinkled grasp of Choi Myunghee." She put her fists up as I gave a light chuckle, "What parents taught him to be so rude like that? And with all this wealth too? Pfft, just a shame to even speak about him." She shook her head, in disapproval.

"Alright alright, let's just relax. I'm all fine now mother, and I'm also busy. So, maybe we should catch up later?" I tried my best to usher her out of the house. And despite her insistence on staying a bit longer, I had to think about the man enclosed in my room.

Eventually, she left.