28

"It's just like how I remember it." Sunghoon chuckled, pressing a key.

"Maybe a little out of tune." I added softly, pressing three keys as they all emit a sound, it did sound a little off, not too much though.

"Wow, it really has been a long time." He seemed a little overwhelmed as he played a simple few keys into a melody.

He retract his hand, just staring at the keys and thinking.

"You can still play?" I looked over at him, the moonlight kissing his cheekbones.

"Of course, I still do from time to time, whenever I actually do have time." Sunghoon chuckled, he glanced over to me, staring into my eyes.

We exchanged a bittersweet moment of eye contact before he turned back to look at the keys of the piano.

He placed his hands on the keys again, beginning to play a soft song.

As the keys emit a tune, it traced me back to a few years ago, the song was vastly familiar. And although I couldn't really remember all of the songs Sunghoon played for me back in the days, this one was very familiar.

The smile on my face faded slightly as he continued playing the song, it sounded even more painful to listen to considering the out of tune piano, and the scenario we were in.

We're in our old school, years later, together. And he's playing the song he played me before he left for a good few years, in the exact same spot, on the exact same piano.

I swallowed hard, the years I had to endure without him. I was doing fine this year, finally being able to forget him after so long of giving up, and he shows up like this spontaneously.

I sat there, just in my own thoughts as he closed up the song to an end. I looked down at my lap, that heavy feeling settling in my heart again.

"Clair de lune, a truly unforgettable song." Sunghoon gently spoke, looking over at me and wondering why I was so silent.

"What's up?" Sunghoon looked at my face as I just stared at him, I'm pretty sure the pitiful and sorrowful look on my face told him everything.

"I think it's time for me to go home, I'm exhausted." I sighed, standing up and heading out of the music room.

He quickly caught up, taking my wrist in his hand and stopping me from walking away.

"Hey, what's going on?" Sunghoon inquired once again, concern in his eyes as I just flashed him a small smile.

"It's nothing, I just said I'm tired." I gave another meek smile, trying to reassure him although my heart was hurting right now.

He was here right now, so why did it feel so painful?

Sunghoon didn't pry any more, he just gave a sigh and dropped my wrist. We both head out of the school, heading towards the car and not exchanging another word more.

I sat inside, leaning my head on the window melancholically as he began to drive off. I watched in the rear view mirror as the town I grew up slowly faded out of my sight.

I had this overwhelming feeling of hopelessness right now, and for some reason, it couldn't be helped with him being here right now.

He drove me home, and I head out, taking the bags from the back. I tried taking as many as I could in one go, so it could be less awkward for me and him. I just wanted to be alone for a little while.

He got out of the car and took a few bags, helping me carry them to my house.

As we finished with all the bags, I stood near the door, Sunghoon stood in the door frame.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" Sunghoon insisted in asking me once more, looking at me with serious concern.

I looked to the ground and swallowed hard again, then looked in to his eyes. Although I knew I couldn't convince him, especially looking straight into his eyes, I still tried to.

"Yeah." I bluntly responded as he gave a sigh.

"So if I stop by tomorrow, you'll be fine?" Sunghoon raised a brow, truly wanting to know what was the root reason for my sudden change of mood.

"I won't open the door if you stop by tomorrow." I warned him, returning back to my stoic roots. He managed to crack a small smirk.

"I'll break it open." He stared at me, refusing to cut his eyes away from me. I looked anywhere but his eyes, just wanting to burst out into tears right now.

"You'll be paying for my new door." I crossed my arms, taking in a deep breath to calm myself.

"Sure thing, so, expect me tomorrow then?" Sunghoon tried to lighten to mood, but I just felt so conflicted that I didn't budge.

I looked over at him, glaring at his face. Damn it, why does he have to be so attractive.

"Goodnight." I rolled my eyes, a miniature chuckle emitting from my lips as he gave a gentle smile.

"Sleep well Eunseo." He smiled, staring at me with a bit of worry. He proceeded to walk off, drive off in his car.

The engine of his car roared as he sped off, out of sight.

Damn, I felt like I was in a pity party right now.