24

I looked at the paper I had just signed, then I looked at Sunghoon who just stared back at me. His eyes sharper than ever.

"Now I want you to hand it to Jang, unless you need me to help you with that too?" He raised a brow, looking at me as I curled the corner of my lip upwards.

"Get fucked." I barged past him, out of my office and heading towards Mr Jang's office. I walked in without even knocking, catching his attention immediately.

"Oh-! Eunseo, you're better now, listen I'm thinking you should do--" But before he could continue his sentence, I slammed the paper on his desk.

"I quit." I told him straight up, he stared at me with shock, blinking at me blankly.

"What? What do you mean you quit.. huh??" He gave an unsure chuckle, putting his glasses on and staring at the paper I just handed him.

"Simply put, I'm not working here anymore. Good day." I turned around, heading back out, I took a deep breath in silently as I left the office, I have always wanted to do something like that - but I couldn't ever brave it before.

Sunghoon was making conversation with the other workers, they all were engrossed in him, eyes just staring up at him with light.

He turned his head to look at me as he watched me storm out of Mr Jang's office. I didn't look at Sunghoon, instead, head straight towards the elevator.

"EUNSEO!! EUNSEO COME BACK HERE!! YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT!!!!!" Mr Jang ran out of his office in a hurry, holding the resignation paper in his hands.

He ran towards me just about as I was about to step into the elevator, out of breath. He didn't seem impressed at all. He grabbed my arm, causing me to not enter the elevator.

"You can't do that!! You're staying here." Mr Jang was furious, "Eunseo, where will you go without me?"

I glared at him as all of the other workers, including Sunghoon, stared at whatever was going on.

"I'm leaving, you don't need to worry where I'll go next." I spat bitterly, trying to get my arm out of his grip, what was with everyone and dragging me by the arm today?

"You cannot do this." Mr Jang spoke through his teeth, furrowing his brows as I scoffed.

"I wish you well." I tried to take my arm out of his grasp again, but another fail.

"No, take this back right now." He swung the paper in the air, glaring at me and refusing to let me go.

Sunghoon cleared his throat, walking up towards us. He stared Mr Jang down. Mr Jang slowly looked up at Sunghoon, his grip becoming lighter on my wrist.

"I suggest you let her go. You've already caused her a visit in the hospital, surely we don't need one at the police station, do we?" Sunghoon raised a brow, his voice was calm on the surface, but the tone was one of annoyance, one that sent chills both through mine and - seemingly - Mr Jang's body.

But it worked, he let go of my arm, and with that, I spun around, straight into the elevator and pressing the button to go down.

Sunghoon stepped in the elevator, just as the doors were about to shut. Now the two of us were in this elevator, a whole cloud of tension shared between us.

"Atta girl." Was all he said to break the tension.

I swallowed hard, facing forward and refusing to even look in his direction, the beating in my heart was so severe that I thought I was just going to drop to my knees right here, right now.

"You don't have to applaud me on this." I retort instead, my words coming off a little too callously for my liking.

"But I am, now what do you want, let me treat you." His words didn't really come off as a question, instead a command.

I turned my head for a brief second to glance at him, then looked forwards again.

"You've already won me over, you don't need to keep trying." I scoffed lightly, well, there's no point in trying to resist his offer anymore.

I have no choice but to work with him.

Sunghoon's plump lips curved into a grin, satisfied with my answer.

"Come on, let me spoil you." Sunghoon gave a low chuckle as the doors opened, the two of us walking out.

I slowed my pace, looking at Sunghoon who just gleamed at me with the most purest smile on his face. He was happier than a child right now, as if he had just won the lottery ten times in a row.

"I'm walking home, bye." I coldly replied, heading out of the building as he followed me eagerly.

He still had a bright smile on his face, walking beside me.

"Just a heads up, if you continue walking, I'll pick you up and throw you into my car." His voice was contrasting his gleeful expression, I turned my head to look at him.

He was pretty funny, I even managed to laugh at him in that moment.