22

"And didn't I tell you, didn't I just." My mother's disappointed yet sympathetic voice came from beside me, followed by a warm compress being pressed on my face.

I opened one eye, looking at what was going on. I opened both eyes, looking around the room.

I was in a private hospital room, my mother sat beside me with a saddened look on her face.

"That boss is no good, you need to quit." My mother said and I just blankly looked at her, still trying to regain any memory of what the hell made me end up in a hospital bed, attached to a drip.

I rubbed my forehead lightly, giving an exhale. I managed to recall that I was certainly doing way too much the last time I was at work, and passed out in an elevator.

In front of Sunghoon.

I furrowed my brows, sitting upright in an instant.

In front of Sunghoon?!

I looked over at my mother in panic, and she gave me a look back in confusion.

"I need to leave, I have to go now." I stood up immediately, taking the drip with me as I slowly but quite quickly, made my way to the door.

"Choi Eunseo!! Get back over here!! What are you doing?!?!" My mother stood up, attempting to drag me back to the bed, but I was in such a hurry that she stood no chance of pulling me back to the bed.

I slid the door open, and my jaw dropped to the floor - I really thought I was going to pass out again. My eyes climbed from the bottom of this man, to his face, and he gave me a light smile, one that read concern but mostly pride.

"You should listen to Myunghee." Sunghoon looked down at me as I silently cursed to myself, looking to the side and doing the turn of shame back towards my bed.

My mother glared at Sunghoon, giving some unsatisfied mumbles to herself as she sat on the stool again.

He walked in as I sat on the side of my hospital bed, folding my arms and staring at my phone. I was unable to look at him in the eyes, damn, that must've been so embarrassing.

To collapse in an elevator is one thing, but to do it right in front of a guy you hate the most? Seriously?

"I brought you some ginseng ma'am." Sunghoon handed my mother a bag, to which she just gave a light scoff - but still took.

She left the room with the bag, probably going to show her friends about her little expensive ginseng.

"Resignation, right now." Sunghoon's voice was demanding, and I honestly-probably shouldn't make this situation worse - but was I going to? Absolutely.

"I'm not working for you." I scoffed, still pretending to act nonchalant about his presence here. I was simply scrolling through my phone.

He gave a sigh, then slid my phone out of my hands, holding it. This made me look at him, I frowned, wondering what the hell he wanted now.

"You don't have a choice. I'll forge signatures if you're gonna act like this." Sunghoon told me, and I gave a bitter chuckle, glaring at him as he stared back at me.

"Good luck with that." I found it amusing, I don't care if I was annoying him, I actually thought it was entertaining.

"Must you be so difficult?" He raised his brows at my attitude, "I'm offering you the deal many want, and you're insistent on saying no."

"So then why do you keep bothering me with asking? There's no point Sunghoon." I crossed my arms, staring at him for a response.

He simply gave a sigh, shaking his head lightly and pressing his fingers softly against his forehead. Sunghoon walked closer to where I was sat, crouching down and looking up at me.

"Oh but there is a point Eunseo." His voice was slightly raspy, "What is it that you need, hm? I'll buy you anything, just name them and it's yours."

I scoffed, okay, so this is how low we're stooping now.

"Anything?" I raised a brow.

"Anything you want." He responded, thinking he definitely won me over with this.

"A restraint against you." I completely shut his smug grin down, he rolled his eyes, standing up and giving a small, inaudible groan.

"Dear fucking lord." He muttered, walking around the room, he was clearly annoyed by my grudge and how well I was able to keep it intact.

I had no intent on breaking that grudge anytime soon, at all.

Before either of us could say anything, the doctor walked in with a small smile.

"Good news, you can be discharged soon enough. Just make sure you eat plentiful, keep your body hydrated, and most importantly, rest well." He gave a kind smile, checking my stats on the monitors, "You're very low on the most important vitamins, good thing your boyfriend got you here when he did." He chuckled.

My smile wiped off my face, and even Sunghoon shot his head to look at what the doctor had said.