34

I decided to not tell Joohyuk about Sunghoon being my old best friend and past love interest, for the sake of Sunghoon only, because I guarantee you - if Sunghoon wasn't so annoyed and on edge today, I would've spilled everything from a to z already.

But I actually had to keep my mouth shut - impossible. But I managed it, barely.

I wasn't doing much all day, and although it was pretty relieving to just have a little lenient day for work, I was quite bored.

You can only talk for so long with the same person until it just becomes an hour of you two complaining about life.

It was past three o'clock now, and Sunghoon still wasn't back, which meant that I was going to go home now.

I didn't really want to go home yet - surprising words coming from someone who hated working at their job - but it was the sole fact that Sunghoon was in a bad mood, and he's been different today.

I just wanted to see him really, maybe bother him a little and piss him off enough so that he'd at least spill something.

"Alright, well, Eunseo, before Sunghoon cuts me up into quarters, it's time for you to go home." Joohyuk gave a sigh, checking his watch, "I'll call for the chauffeur, so he should be outside by the time you reach the entrance of the building."

"Oh no, it's fine, I'm really fine honestly, I'm going to go stop by a cafe or something." I denied his offer, and I know whatever Sunghoon said - went - but I'm stubborn and I don't care if he thinks he's on some podium above all or not.

"Wait - no-- You can't just-- Sunghoon will---!" But before Joohyuk could finish his fragmented sentences, I was off, I was heading straight for the elevator and pressing the floor to where Sunghoon's office was.

The elevator door pinged open, and I head towards where the receptionist's desk was, and heading straight past it, where an ominent door was.

I brought my hand up to knock initially, but one of the girls at the receptionist's desk caused me to retract my hand away.

"Oh! You can't go in there, that's Sunghoon's office." The same girl from earlier cut me off, flashing me a rather bitchy glare.

I looked back at her, giving a quick smile, and then proceeding to just walk into his office, without knocking whatsoever.

I don't know what inclined me to do so, I probably should have at least knocked or something, but nevermind, I guess I just had to show the receptionist's that I have some sort of special treatment.

I stepped inside, shutting the door behind me.

Sunghoon looked up from his desk briefly, then back down, and then back up at me. He watched as I walked closer towards him, sitting on the chair that faced opposite him.

He checked his phone, then looked at me again - observing my face. He cleared his throat and gazed into my eyes.

"Aren't you supposed to be home by now?" Sunghoon asked me, gently raising a brow as he stared at me.

"I'm an adult Sunghoon, don't treat me as if I can't make my own decisions." I crossed one leg over the other and folded my arms as I stared back at him with the exact same glare he was giving me.

Talk about tension.

From my words, he gave a sigh, continuing to type something up on his computer - literally trying his hardest to ignore my presence. I could tell from his exact body language, posture, face, everything, he was trying his utmost hardest to pretend as If I wasn't just sat here staring at him.

"What's up with you?" I broke the tense silence, and his fingers stopped typing, he looked up at me, and leant slightly forward on his desk, tilting his head softly to the side as he focused on me straight in the eyes.

"Why do you ask? Do you think there's something up with me?" His answer was a question I was supposed to answer, I rolled my eyes, giving an irritated groan at his stupid attitude.

"Could you just answer the question like a normal person for once?" I sighed, done with his vague ass.

"Nothing is wrong, there you go, answered like a normal person." He thought he was so funny for that, I shook my head lightly, fed up with this.

"Sunghoon." I simply stated his name, and he fully stopped working, taking his hands off his desk and crossing them, he examined my face, his eyebrows softly raising again.

"Is there anything else, Eunseo?" His voice was quite coy too, the way my name rolled off his tongue was real hot.

"Call off the damn chauffeur, I'm walking home." I groaned, there was no point of me insisting for him to tell me what was up - he wouldn't tell me even if it was to save his life.

I stood up from the chair about to head towards the door, up until his voice cut me off.

"I'll take you home then." He spoke, and although he couldn't see it, I had a smile on my face, pretty excited with my own self.

Eunseo: 1
Sunghoon: 0