36

"Yeah, very very rarely he comes into the workplace with maybe like a miniature cut, it's nothing too serious, maybe he just accidentally injured himself, but I just feel like there's something more to it." Joohyuk explained, and I thought for a while.

"Is he here right now?" I raised a brow, wondering if he's still here.

"Yeah, sat in his office. I wouldn't recommend disturbing him though." Joohyuk gave a small chuckle, shuddering jokingly as I gave a light smile at that.

"Or what, he'll fire the girl he's been chasing to employ this whole time - yeah, I doubt it." I let out a chuckle as Joohyuk nodded his head.

"Fair point, but I don't know, he's been really on edge today, and I'm actually scared of even speaking to him, gosh, I'm so glad I'm done for the day." Joohyuk rubbed his arms as bumps of skin raised from goosebumps.

"So you thought it'd be best to sacrifice me." I laughed briefly jokingly as Joohyuk scratched the nape of his neck, looking down.

"Well- not exactly sacrifice, but I just realised that he's got like.. I don't know, a soft spot do they call it? Let's just say a soft spot for you." Joohyuk shrugged as I gave a sigh.

"Yeah, don't worry about it, I'll go and harass him now. If you see me go missing tomorrow, just know that Sunghoon has probably dumped my body in an ocean." I flashed him a smile before heading out of his office and towards the elevator once again.

I gave a small sigh, wondering what the hell Sunghoon has gotten himself into this time. I at least hoped it wasn't something extremely dangerous or horrible.

And as well, I hoped that his injuries weren't the worst ever.

The elevator dinged open, and the department where his office was lay silent, the lights flickered on as I stepped inside, it was pretty eerie if I were to say so myself.

I was unsure of even coming up here, my heartbeat was increasing and I haven't even gotten to the main obstacle yet - Sunghoon.

I stood before his office door, taking in a deep breath before I might just step into a boss battle. Will I even come out of this place alive or what?

I had to prepare myself for the worst okay?

I didn't knock again, just because I liked to be annoying and take him aback.

I opened the door, his head immediately perking up from his desk which had papers scattered on it. He stared at me, didn't look back at his desk, but just watched as I came up to his desk.

I looked at the corner of his lip, a busted lip, and a decently sized cut on his cheekbone.

"What did you get into now?" I inquired softly, my voice empathetic and melodic.

"Why are you here." His question wasn't a question, it was a demand.

"Answer me first." I crossed my arms, sick of this stupid game of not answering me.

"Nothing." He shrugged it off nonchalantly, staring back at the papers on his desk. Damn wasn't he just a little workaholic.

I rolled my eyes, groaning at how stubborn and irritating he was. He was seriously even worse than me - and I was one hell of a girl to deal with.

"Sunghoon, I'm sick of you acting like this." I told him straight up, there's no point of sugarcoating anything.

He put his pen down and leant back on his chair, staring at me so deviously.

"Oh yeah? And you know there's a solution to that?" His words were full of surprising attitude, his eyes glanced over to the door behind me, insinuating that I should leave.

I gave a scoff, staring at him, my eyes fixed onto his.

"I'm going to throw these papers off your desk." I stood up, about to act upon my words.

"I dare you." Sunghoon spoke, and I looked at him, he did the same to me. We just exchanged a silent second of tense eye contact.

And without a second thought, I grasped the papers on the desk, taking ahold of all of them, and then heading towards the exit of his office.

I walked out, dropping a few papers then and there, walking around the department and just 'accidentally' slipping them out of my hands, I opened the door to some kind of meeting room, peering my head in and then throwing the rest of the papers in there.

I was about to spin around, but as I did, Sunghoon stood somewhat behind me, looking down at me with a smirk.

My heart pounded against my ribs, about to give out by how breathtaking he looked right now.

"I told you I would, so you can't be mad." I shrugged as his lips curved into a devilish smile.

"I know, and I'm not mad." He chuckled lowly, and I just stared at the injury on his lip, it took me back to the days I used to clear his wounds in high school.

I approached him, placing my hands on his cheeks and gently tracing my thumb over the injury on his lip, and then over the cut on his cheekbone, he watched me intently as I did so.

Damn, if only I was brave enough to do what I really wanted to do right now.