20

We made our way back to the office after a rather awkward ride back - it was awkward for me, the beating of my heart making me feel unsure in the mind.

On the contrary, I don't think Sunghoon was minding this at all, he was just in his own world.

Regardless, as soon as he parked the car up to the side of the building, I got the hell out. I didn't even let him turn the car off, I hurried the hell out of there and went inside the building.

"In a rush?" Sunghoon chuckled, catching up to me waaay too easily.

I rolled my eyes with a gentle huff under my breath, I made my way to the elevators.

"Told you I have things to do, your time with me is up." I coldly told him, the elevator doors opening as he just scoffed, a devilish grin from each sides of his cheeks.

"Let me buy more then." He simply responded, with no shame at all and from what it seemed, he was one hundred percent serious.

I looked over at him, flashing a glare as he just stared intently back at me, more people cramming into the elevator.

A trio of female workers entered, bowing deeply to Sunghoon and then flashing me a smile as they stepped in.

Immediately as the elevator doors closed shut and the elevator began rising, they started to whisper to each other. But despite them whispering, the silent aura of the elevator made their words pretty audible.

"That's the CEO of Park Pharmaceuticals, isn't he just a beauty?" One of the girls giggled silently as the others kept taking glances at Sunghoon.

I rolled my eyes, if only they knew how annoying he was.

"Oh my god, is he single? Why is he here?" Another girl whispered, constantly looking back at Sunghoon who gave a rather boastful chuckle to himself, his narcissistic grin growing wider.

One of the girls shrugged in response, looking over at me.

"Oh, Eunseo, Mr Jang told me to give this to you." She handed me a clipboard with a singular piece of paper attached to it.

It was a to-do list, and the list probably went on for a good while. My eyes scanned the paper from top to bottom, there was no way I'd be going home before 9pm tonight, at all.

I groaned lightly to myself, just giving a sigh as I couldn't even defy against this.

He expects me to do all of this today and come in tomorrow for the same? God, I should definitely find a new job.

Speaking of which, Sunghoon was clearly peering over my shoulder, intrigued. He raised a brow, fixing his tie for a slight second.

The elevator doors pinged open for the floors of the girls, the three of them stepped out, and the doors shut back again, heading up to our floor this time.

"You need to do all of that?" Sunghoon gave a scoff, "Unbelievable."

I glanced over at him, I knew he was right, it was unbelievable. But was Eunseo raised to ever break down grudges - not at all.

"It's whatever." I looked up at him, my cold expression meeting his smug expression, "What? Is this what you do in a year?"

Sunghoon looked away from me, his smirk widening at my insulting comment.

"I almost felt bad for you for having to do all of that, but nevermind." Sunghoon gave a light smile as the elevator doors pinged back open, the two of us stepping out of the elevator and heading to the office.

Again, the workers in the office stood up, bowing as they noticed Sunghoon approach. Wow, so this was all for Sunghoon, but not me? Okay, I see how fake you all are.

One of my colleagues approached me with urgency.

"Eunseo, Eunseo!! We need your help, something's up with the website." She panicked and I just followed her to one of the main rooms.

I looked at the computer screens, showing declines in investments and website clicks. I scanned the screens and noticed a malfunction in one of the codes.

"Here, fix this." I pointed to another screen as the worker got to work, "Refresh the site and it should be fine."

"Eunseo! You're needed!" Another colleague shouted my name, and I groaned, running back over to the office room in heels as Sunghoon just observed.

"Yes?" I asked him, and he gave a slight bow, looking over at Sunghoon and giving him a deeper bow.

"CEO Jang needs you." He spoke, and I spun around, rolling my eyes and heading over towards his office.

"The offer still stands." Sunghoon's low voice cut me off before I opened the door to his office.

"Don't you have things to do?" I furrowed my brows, shaking my head and entering the office.