12

I still had a bit of my pride left, and if I dared to accept this contract, that would make my pride completely crash down.

Besides, I will hold an eternal grudge on this guy, no matter what benefits he makes to my life - he'll always be one of the worst people I've encountered in my life.

"I did think you were his personal secretary." I actually wondered how this would work, considering Joohyuk did really seem like his secretary.

"See now, I am in a way, but not quite. I'm more of the Board of Directors, I work alongside Sunghoon." Joohyuk explained, and I suppose that made sense, I guess, "Sometimes I do feel like I'm more of a secretary than anything though." His voice lowered at that sentence, I gave a small chuckle at his words.

Joohyuk suddenly turned to look at me, an eager grin on his face.

"So. What do you say? Do you need some more time to think about the contract?" He asked me with a pure smile.

To which, I gave him an angelic smile, one of pure mischief.

"Oh, no, not at all. The contract was very convincing." I gave him a smile, to which he raised his brows in shock at how decisive I was.

"Really? I mean, I agree, but that was a rather quick decision." He chuckled as he handed me a pen to sign the contract.

I took the pen off him, taking the paper and ripping the contract into shreds right in front of him. I put them back into the envelope, attempting to seal it back as much as I could. I bent down and rest the paper on my thigh, writing something on the front of the envelope.

'You are a fucking beg'

With the exact same smile on my face, I proudly handed the envelope containing shreds of the paper in them. Joohyuk stared at me, his falling smile said absolutely everything without even needing words.

"I think that should be clear enough for my decision, don't you think?" I looked at Joohyuk, who was still staring at me with such interest and disbelief.

He didn't reply, still in the state of awe, but took the contract off me.

"Have a nice day." I gave a slight bow, with another polite smile and began walking off - to the place I was originally supposed to go to.

He turned to look at me, walk off into the distance.

I gave a deep exhale, just feeling completely irritated by how Sunghoon could feel no shame by doing this. I guess he feels no shame since he's too rich to probably even care.

Whatever, I guess I managed to rip his pride down a little, just like I did with that contract.

I head into my car, sitting down and heaving a large sigh. It's been such a long day that I'm so glad I really booked the two days off.

I began my drive home, exhausted and completely confused. How long did Joohyuk wait for me? Did he know I'd be finishing late or did he just wait for as long as it takes?

Jesus, people in that company are seriously insane.

I finally made it home, a very well needed trip back. I got out, heading quite quickly towards the door, just to take these heels off would give me such relief.

As the door opened, I kicked my heels off, feeling that immediate sense of relief. I unbuttoned the many first buttons of my blouse and flopped myself onto the sofa, emitting a huge, satisfied groan.

I should probably spend the next two days as thoroughly as I could, and under any circumstances, I refuse to wear heels for the next two days.

I immediately changed into more comfortable attire, wiping my makeup off - whatever was left of it anyways - and tying my hair up.

Now this was a feeling I could get behind.

I did wonder Sunghoon had gotten my beautiful contract back to him or not, I hope Joohyuk really did deliver it to him, I would've paid decent money to see his reaction.

I bet he gave his little nonchalant chuckle along with that signature smirk he does nowadays.

How the hell do all of his company employees find him so attractive?

Speaking of which, I grabbed my laptop, laying it on my lap and searching Sunghoon's name up. With that, various of articles were plastered on the front, and surprisingly they were all positive.

'PARK PHARMACEUTICAL'S CEO CAPTURED MILLIONS OF HEARTS FROM THE DIOR CAMPAIGN'

Dior Campaign? Since when was this guy doing modelling too?

I rolled my eyes, he seriously couldn't live a humble life. At all.

But I still did click on the article to see the photos. Sorry not sorry.

And damn, they were quite captivating if I say so myself. It was in black and white, and the definition of his features, the quality of the photos, the outfits? The face itself?!

It made me question my own choice of denying his secretary proposal.