16

TWO DAYS LATER

One thing they don't tell you about taking a break while working, is that whenever you are off work - the days seem to pass by much quicker than usual.

It's a very odd dilemma, you could take a whole month off and with the single blink of an eye, you're back into work the next day. So imagine how it felt for me, after two days, to wake up and head back to work.

As much as I hated it, I was known for my smile and joy, walking into the workplace.

I head inside, the atmosphere around like usual.

"Eunseo! You're back!" A co-worker smiled, and that caused other co-workers to look over at me.

"Oh thank god she's here." Another said.

"We've been saved." Another mumble came from elsewhere, it seemed as everybody was relieved to see my return again.

I chuckled, heading over to my office and sitting down, giving a sigh as I checked at the to-do list today. It was quite a lot to do.

Not even an hour later, Mr Jang came into my office, essentially barging in.

"Eunseo, can you stop by the cafe and grab four coffees?" Mr Jang inquired, and I just stared at him dead in the eye, he came all this way just to tell me to get coffee?

With another small sigh, I stood up and plastered on a fake smile, giving a small bow and nodding.

"Of course, I'll be back soon." And as soon as I got out of his face, I rolled my eyes, unsatisfied with this bothersome request.

And so my journey went, to the coffee store, and I ordered the four coffees as he asked. I head back to the office shortly after, and as the elevator doors pinged open, an employee rushed in, causing a cup of coffee to knock out of the cupholder, spilling onto my shirt.

Fortunately, it was iced coffee, so it wasn't as bad as possibly could be. But one thing for sure, I would have a coffee-stained mark on the front of my blouse.

"Oh! Eunseo!! I'm so sorry!!" She exclaimed, stepping out of the elevator and covering her mouth.

Mr Jang stormed up to us, furrowing his brows and looking over at the employee.

"This is not acceptable. You need to watch where you're going." He scolded her as she gave a deep bow, expressing her apology.

I just gave her a gentle smile, feeling a little awkward over this. It's not much of a big deal, I'll just get a new shirt.

"It's alright." I sighed, looking down at the brown stain already on the chest of my shirt.

Mr Jang took the coffee off me, heading into his office. I didn't know what to really do, should I return to work? Or just go home?

I sighed, but Mr Jang came back out, looking at me.

"It's not a big deal, we aren't expecting any important guests so just sit through it til the shift ends." Mr Jang had the audacity to say.

I'm supposed to sit in an uncomfortably stained shirt for the rest of my shift? Really? He didn't even have it in him to let me go home briefly, and get changed?

I couldn't argue back, so I had no other choice but to agree with his words. But someone else argued back.

"Would it not be more appropriate to let her go home and change?" A familiar voice came from the elevator, everybody in the office turned their heads, immediately standing up and bowing deeply.

I didn't even want to turn around, I just knew by the voice who it was. But I slowly turned my head, looking at Sunghoon, who's eyes went from my face, to my chest, and then away as he realised that it may be a little inappropriate.

Yeah, the stain wasn't in the most convenient spot.

"Mr Par- Sunghoon! - Sunghoon! What brings you here.." Mr Jang started to stutter, giving him a bow as I just rolled my eyes at Sunghoon right now.

He was the definition of no shame.

"Just came for a spontaneous visit to your office, to see how the guy I'm making a deal with, treats his employees." He looked directly at me, a smile on his face as I just glared back.

"Would you like a drink, oh, please sit Sunghoon. Eunseo, get us both a water." Mr Jang stared at me, demandingly.

Does he not see that I am literally covered with coffee?

Sunghoon let out a little chuckle under his breath.

"Actually, I believe she should go and change her shirt." Sunghoon responded for me, to which Mr Jang looked at the stain on my shirt and vigorously nodded his head.

"Oh yes, oh of course! Eunseo, go get changed and come back." He spoke quickly, trying to save his face.

I nodded my head, finally. I was about to head into the elevator before Sunghoon spoke.

"I'm going to borrow Eunseo for a little bit, don't worry, I won't steal her away from you." Sunghoon told Mr Jang, who had no choice but to nod and agree.

He followed me to the elevator, the two of us stood in this box in silence.