9

I rolled my eyes at his ability to still be sarcastic.

"How have you been? I see you're under a very.. demanding and useless boss." He gave a scoff, looking up at me with a smirk.

"Get to the point Sunghoon." I wasn't going to put up with his little small talk bullshit, that was the thing I was least in the mood for.

"Wow, you're hurting my feelings here. I don't have any specific agenda for you being here, I just wanted to see you for a little longer." As much as I liked how smoothly he spoke, I remained stoic, giving another roll of the eye at his remarks.

"If that's all you called me here for, then, I'm excusing myself." I gave him a very miniscule bow, turning around and about to head to the door.

"I signed the contract only because of you. If you leave, I'll annul it." His voice was sharp, and stopped me from leaving.

God. Fuck you seriously.

I spun around swiftly, heading up closer to him as he still stayed in the same position, leant on his desk so casually with no care in the world.

"You can't just do that. If you didn't want to sign it, you didn't have to." I spat bitterly, glaring at his seemingly relaxed and amused eyes.

"I figured it'd bring us back together. I wondered how you were doing - I didn't know you're out here running errands like a dog." Sunghoon scoffed, looking over to the side and showing his defined neck and jaw.

It should be criminal to how much finer he has become.

"First of all, I don't want anything to do with you. At all. Please get that straight in your head Sunghoon. Second of all, I'm doing fine, I hope that answers all of your questions." I replied with such an icy touch to my words.

He didn't seem remotely affected by how much I despised him, matter of fact, it seemed to make him become more intrigued if anything. He leant in closer, from leaning on his desk, just staring at me stood before him.

He stood up fully, standing directly before me and looking down at me. His hand suddenly reached for the collar of my blouse, which was slightly unbuttoned. He fixed my collar or something, I wasn't quite sure what he was doing, but he did something.

"I'm not sure if you're doing fine, you seem exhausted, and those heels must be killing you." Sunghoon's voice faded into a rasp, rather dark and narcissistic.

I knew he was right, I was exhausted, and I hated running errands constantly with these heels. But despite that, I refused to grant him any second of kindness or honesty.

"Is this all you have to say? Because if so, I'm leaving. I have things to do, unlike sit around and fuck around like you." I scoffed, my words made his lips curve into another smirk.

"Mmm, fuck around like you?" Sunghoon let out a breathy, low chuckle, looking down and shaking his head with a diabolically fine ass smile, "Maybe you should follow me around and see how my day looks - or better, work for me?"

I looked at him, with pure disgust and disbelief at his words.

"I see that all is well in your life. Goodbye Sunghoon." Was the last thing I told him before turning and around and heading towards the door.

"Won't be the last time." He gave a small laugh as I left his room, shutting the door with an arrogant slam and walking past the receptionists who merely stared at me with such curiosity it was unbelievable.

"Or better, work for me?"

Yeah, right. Not in hell would I work for a guy that I used to be the closest friends with until he completely left me for years without any answer. As if he thinks I'd stoop myself that low. I still have some pride intact.

"What took you so long?" Mr Jang seemed irritated at the small meeting of me and Sunghoon, obviously he was oblivious to our previous history, so I understand the confusion.

"Not much, he was just discussing something about the contract that I missed when I was running errands." I lied straight to his face, the excuse I made was quite good for being made up on the spot.

"You sure he didn't offer you a job at his company? Did you accept?" Mr Jang looked at me, evidently a little nervous at this.

"No. I wouldn't work for such an entitled asshole anyways. I dislike him." I straight up told him coldly, standing in the elevator beside him.

"Hm, It seemed like he was rather into you during the whole meeting, constantly asking about you. But whatever, the contract was signed, so there will definitely be a celebration in our department!" Mr Jang smiled brightly, looking at his phone.

The elevator doors were about to shut, til a hand caused the doors to prey back open. Jesus fucking christ, he just couldn't give it a rest, could he?