18

So unfortunately, I found myself sat in Sunghoon's car, arms crossed and displeased as he had the most happiest expression a man could possibly have on his face.

"People would kill to be in the same car as me." He chuckled, resting his hand near his lips as he drove with the other one.

"I want to kill myself for being in the same car as you right now." I retort, obviously against this forceful abduction into his car.

Sunghoon gave a light laugh at my words, looking over at me for a little bit before focusing back on driving.

"You're only working under Jang because you don't wanna work with me. Otherwise I know you would've left ages ago." Sunghoon's lips curved into a smug smirk, "Look, I see you're exhausted Eunseo, it's not like you're gonna die if you work for me."

"What do you even know, who said I'm exhausted." I scoffed, still adamant on not budging with this, but I had to admit, recently the offer has become enticing.

Sunghoon merely looked at me, a smile on his face and the look in his eyes telling me everything I needed to know.

"You think just because I've not seen you for a few years, suddenly, I can't read you? Come on Choi Eunseo, I read you like a fucking book." He leant his head back, one of his hands resting on his hair.

His jaw was so sculpted, and his neck toned. I was intrigued with how well-built this guy was, making me even wonder what he hid behind that shirt of his.

Damn, Eunseo, snap out of it.

I had no words to say to him, I suppose he was right, but was I going to admit that? In hell bitch.

"People change, you don't read me like a book no more. It was years ago, and years ago I was a different girl - I'm not exhausted, it's just how I am nowadays." I responded, which made Sunghoon emit a chuckle from his lips.

He clearly could tell I was lying - but at this rate, I didn't care.

"Yeah?" His tone was cocky, and I bit my tongue, staring out of the window and not wanting to drop my grudge against him.

Finally, he parked up outside my house, and I stepped out without a word further. But with that too, came that man himself, walking beside me and towards my house as if it was his too.

I looked at him, confused as to what he was doing.

"Uh, absolutely not." I was not about to invite him for another stay.

"Uh, absolutely yes. Now get moving." He walked behind me, insistent. Damn, why did I always let him get his way.

I walked into my room the second I entered the house, Sunghoon lounged around the house as I changed my shirt. I unbuttoned the top button and fixed it according to my usual uniform, well, that was about it.

I stepped out of my room, looking around to find that idiot of a man. I found him looking through my kitchen, my fridge, cabinets and just generally looking around like he was doing an inspection.

"Are you that consumed with work that you can't even fill your kitchen with decent food?" He raised a brow, a hint of concern in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes, hating every moment of his correct deductions.

"Are you done here Inspector? I do have things to do other than mess around with you." I scoffed, walking off and out of my house.

Sunghoon stood by me, walking towards his car, he stopped right outside the gates of my house, causing me to stop and look at him.

"Seriously though, is it that bad in there? You need to tell me." He was insistent in knowing, and to think he said he could read me like a book - could he not tell that workplace was horrible?

"Take me to Jang's building." I avoided his question bluntly as he just gave a groan at my utter refusal in telling him anything.

As he was about to speak, a few elderly women who were my neighbours - and knew me very well - passed by, stopping as they saw Sunghoon speaking to me.

"Eunseo? Oh? Who is this, you have a boyfriend??" One of the women, Huisu, pat Sunghoon on his arm, smiling brightly as the other ladies looked intrigued.

"Oh! He must be very rich, look at his imported car." Another spoke, looking towards Sunghoon as he fixtated his gaze onto mine, refusing to look elsewhere.

We were just intently staring at each other, the look speaking for itself.

"Ah, I'm so happy for you two, may you last long. And, take care of our Eunseo, she's a girl who works too hard - tell her to relax a little." The third one spoke, giving a chuckle as they walked off, mumbling and staring at his expensive car.

"She works too hard, huh?" Sunghoon repeated one of the words that the grandma's said, staring at me still with a know-it-all expression, "I believe I need to have a word with Mr Jang."

"Jesus, everybody is so fucking annoying." I muttered under my breath, then proceeded to walk off, I'd rather just walk to work than sit in the car with this motherfucker.