5. Lost

Song.
Is it just me.

I don't know why but this song gave me the vibes to write this chapter again.

Avani sat on the chair surrounded by the people that were her 'Family'

She was trying hard not to snap . Everyone here had egos bigger than that of their heights. She hated how her family was . She could have gladly spent this evening with Arjun somewhere having dinner and chat about something.

But her family had to be the one Messing her plans and calling her for a 'family dinner'.

Her family was anything but loving. It was filled with a lot of toxic people she didn't knew if she can even call them family anymore.
Her grandmother was a woman who believed in male dominance and talk about feminism it's a crime for her.
Her uncle and aunt were power hungry and greedy people and they had two sons and a daughter.

Their son's were married and so was the
daughter.

"So Ajay we heard you made Avani CEO of your company. ?" Asked her grandmother.

"Yes ma. "Her father replied.

Senior MRS Rajput was a woman with old mindset. She was in her late 80s.

"But bhaisaab (brother) she is a lawyer handling business will be hard for her. "Said Avani's uncle Sanjay Rajput.

For anyone else he might look genuinely Worried but Avani knew better. He was just a wolf in Sheep's skin.

"Dont worry Chachu i can handle business just fine. "Avani said with a sweet smile.

"Jai now you should think of her Marriage." Her grandmother said to her father.

Avani gritted her teeth in annoyance.

She and Arjun were engaged or more like serious enough to be engaged. but they didn't want to get married yet.

"She is young Maa. Let her live her life." Her father politely declined.

"Girls nowadays are just stupid. One wants to abort her child because the other doens't want to get married. This generation is just stupid. In our time till now we had 4 kids." Her grandmother grumbled.

Avani snapped her neck towards Nakul and his wife Shreya. Who looked down.

Nakul was the only one sensible in the family. His wife Shreya was a 22 year old working woman and was an year younger than Avani

Nakul fought with his family when he supported Shreya to work. Avani was proud of her big brother.

"What do you mean by abort?" Avni confusedly asked.

"Ohh ask your Bhabhi (sister in law) why she wants to abort our heir. "Her Chachi Surekha Rajput grumbled.

She was same as her husband greedy for power and money.